Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Renato Neto: Deal OFF after fails medical

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I did think there was something a bit suspicious about the fact that Gent had almost seemingly agreed for him to be sold before a fee had been agreed, given that he seems like a fan favorite at their club... Well done to the medical staff as it could of proved a very expensive mistake. We now move on to other targets.

Not the only one then. Thought this incredibly strange myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
And the fact that Gent had already signed his replacement, not very Gentlemanly methinks. Lets just move on. The club & its medical team have done their jobs well & now we are continuing the search for those who will strengthen the team as Renato wasn't up to the task, sadly as he obviously had potential.

Wonder where this leaves the lads career

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
IMG_0353.JPG

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
How about a loan to buy. We pay £1m loan fee and his wages for the season and if he has 30 fixtures that he is fit for then we sign him permanently next summer for the remaining £7m, if he misses more than 8 games due to his dodgy knee then all we lose is the loan fee

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I feel sorry for him a bit because no will want him now and he will have to sit out his remaining contract, whatever that maybe and hope the issue gets resolved for future transfers.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Many on NSC like to slag off The Argus and Naylor especially. Well on Neto, he's not only indicated that we're keen on signing him, but did so early, and gave several hints that negotiations were well developed. And he did this after indicating that a whole load of rumours that many on NSC got extremely excited about were a load of old tosh, which upset those excited NSCers.
I'm of the view that Naylor's got good links with the key players at the club, and is pretty good at keeping us informed about what's going on. That's tough given that the club don't give much away, but Naylor's been extremely accurate this transfer window.

Most people who slag off naylor are jealous cos he's doing the job they'd love to do. He's a decent journo, who unlike some other local reporters isn't star struck and just a mouthpiece for their club.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Most people who slag off naylor are jealous cos he's doing the job they'd love to do. He's a decent journo, who unlike some other local reporters isn't star struck and just a mouthpiece for their club.
He'd do a lot better if he stuck to the football though and cut out the needless digs at the fans.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

I wouldn't love to do it but never been a fan of his 15 paragraphs covering the first half of a match followed by one sentence covering the second.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He'd do a lot better if he stuck to the football though and cut out the needless digs at the fans.

Reading NSC, it is a chicken & egg situation. As a journalist, he should rise above it, but I can see why he tweets his own opinion now and again.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
John Vinicombe was actually a Bristol Rovers supporter. Fans with laptops can be an embarrassment to all concerned.

Did you track down that fact with your laptop? :whistle:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Reading NSC, it is a chicken & egg situation. As a journalist, he should rise above it, but I can see why he tweets his own opinion now and again.

There is no justification for it. He is a tw@t...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That's not Andy Naylor's fault it is the sub who is building the page [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, he just can't write quickly enough, or he's ****ed-off to the bar to check on his beloved Stoke's progress...

Lush

Mods' Pet
Many on NSC like to slag off The Argus and Naylor especially. Well on Neto, he's not only indicated that we're keen on signing him, but did so early, and gave several hints that negotiations were well developed. And he did this after indicating that a whole load of rumours that many on NSC got extremely excited about were a load of old tosh, which upset those excited NSCers.
I'm of the view that Naylor's got good links with the key players at the club, and is pretty good at keeping us informed about what's going on. That's tough given that the club don't give much away, but Naylor's been extremely accurate this transfer window.

I am torn between enjoying the snippets of news and worrying that by going public he's affecting negotiations which could cost us dearly.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am torn between enjoying the snippets of news and worrying that by going public he's affecting negotiations which could cost us dearly.

He only gets the snippets that the Club's Press Team feed him, so I very much doubt it will affect anything

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Surely the club were aware of potential Injury issues before wasting all this time chasing him.
Probably they were aware.

Perhaps it was a "before we go up to £15 million on Delaney let's just see if Neto is as injured as we suspect" situation.

We really don't know the strategy, and how much this was a roll of the dice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here