Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF Updates - 3rd Anniversary thread 11/9/04 - RIP Robert

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Just a thought, but I wonder if perhaps some effort could be made to support a kids team in Beslan through the REMF structure, particularly as the origins of the horror seem to have originated from similar fanatical sources as 9/11.

Hope I am not out of order by diverting thoughts from R E, but it seemed appropriate to me in the circs.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Raphael Meade said:
will there be a minutes silence at watford on saturday?

Not a bad idea actually. Someone would need to approach the club.

They must be able to relate to it a bit seeing as one of their own players was killed last season.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
somerset said:
Just a thought, but I wonder if perhaps some effort could be made to support a kids team in Beslan through the REMF structure, particularly as the origins of the horror seem to have originated from similar fanatical sources as 9/11.

Hope I am not out of order by diverting thoughts from R E, but it seemed appropriate to me in the circs.

...anyone think this may be a 'goer' ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its a possibility but the logistics of transferring money to someone in Russia is immense. Also we would have no one to vet the club or know if any such club exists.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Towers fell around 3pm Uk time so it would make it even more poignant.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks of course must also go to Zig ( Steve ) and New York Geezer ( Paul ) for finding and vetting Los Peladitos and doing everything their end in NYC.

They don't seem to post anymore so if they read this please post back.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
I think RMHP would have been proud of all the work done surrounding the REMF.

RIP Robert, you're never forgotten.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Gully said:

Football is an amazing game that can divide countries, cities and even families, it can also have amazing powers of unification, the fact that one of the major fund-raising events for REMF is a charity match against fellow supporters of our bitterest rivals is surely proof of this. The Americans are really fond of congratulating themselves with a "good job" after completing even the most basic of tasks, but the REMF really is a good job, and a fitting tribute to someone who had his life cut short at the hands of terrorists. REMF must continue, not only as a tribute to Robert but to prove that it is possible for something amazing to come from an awful tragedy.

Well done to all involved with the REMF, particularly those mentioned above, long may this continue.

That sums it up. Well done everybody involved with this charity.
Long may it continue.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
:bounce:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
RIP Robert

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I'm going to get onto Watford about a minutes silence. I know it is late but I have not had internet access until now and I thought Roz was doing it.

It is up to the referee.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
May the name of the hairpiece never die!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here