Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remf last night

Suprised how hard fought,no soppy draw and then pens! Well played palace,found the organisation on the night very poor,bought raffle tickets but had to leave before the draw, if ever made,some tics had my details but not others,gave tics away on departure. i seem to arrive before most of the people who were running things,announcer poor,gullys girls should have been selling tickets instead of dance routine,you encouraged familys but not a nice atmosphere to hang around for raffle draw,suprised after 9 years that it was not run better on the night,understand these events are not easy but could have done better,my first and last.Hope you can get fresh input and build on work already done.CHEERS REV :clap:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Suprised how hard fought,no soppy draw and then pens! Well played palace,found the organisation on the night very poor,bought raffle tickets but had to leave before the draw, if ever made,some tics had my details but not others,gave tics away on departure. i seem to arrive before most of the people who were running things,announcer poor,gullys girls should have been selling tickets instead of dance routine,you encouraged familys but not a nice atmosphere to hang around for raffle draw,suprised after 9 years that it was not run better on the night,understand these events are not easy but could have done better,my first and last.Hope you can get fresh input and build on work already done.CHEERS REV :clap:

OK so if you can do better get involved and help

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Rev - as you hope that there's 'fresh input' in the organisational side next year, why not volunteer to be part of it rather than declaring it to be 'my first and last'?

And isn't it all about the money raised at the end of the evening?

jjt1976

Dec 29, 2009
I went to my first last night and thought it was great,bit of laugh,some funny football at times and it's all about raising money in the end anyway which is great,i will certainly be going again and actually wouldn't mind playing next year.Well done to all.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
OK so if you can do better get involved and help

Well said BH, it is easy to criticise the efforts of others, takes balls to get involved yourself.

Do you have balls?

Your call!

ridda

Oct 6, 2003
BN1
Thought it was a good night, and was supprised at the good level of skill on the pitch.

Ricky Marlowe still looked very fit for he's age and it was nice to meet peter after all these years.

I will try and go again next year "work permitting"
Well done to all involved.

Feb 14, 2010
..so both threads are covered..
To my shame, I have never been to the REMF. However next year if at all possible then I will look to go along. The palace report on the link said that numbers were not great and so I will make the effort next year. Well done to all that organized it and the rest of us should get off our arse and get down there if its possible. f the club allowed it then could be a plan to sell tickets at Albion and Palace games before the REMF match and also get the Brighton Argus, Worthing Herald / Croydon Advertiser on board. I recall that someone on here works for the BBC as well and so he could email Danny Baker to give it a shout on the radio. He did Fans United. Expect 5 live would pick it up as well if he asked. All the best, well done, but next year, we must in !

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
as a certain new football stadium needs to have warm up events with limited crowds to pass requisite Health and Safety standards, why not try and get REMF to play at Falmer;

guaranteed to get 5,000 or whatever the first crowd limit will be;

it will be the year of the 10th anniversary of 9/11

will raise shed loads of money and give stadium announcers; gully's girls etc a good trail run.

create a poll someone?

Feb 14, 2010
as a certain new football stadium needs to have warm up events with limited crowds to pass requisite Health and Safety standards, why not try and get REMF to play at Falmer;

guaranteed to get 5,000 or whatever the first crowd limit will be;

it will be the year of the 10th anniversary of 9/11

will raise shed loads of money and give stadium announcers; gully's girls etc a good trail run.

create a poll someone?

Bloody great idea, or / and a REMF after the first friendly at the new ground?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I got told last night that for the first friendly at Falmer they're trying to get Man Utd...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This should remain as a game against fans as this is the spirit of REMF - fans and not players

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS

Well it was my first REMF game as well and I thoroughly enjoyed it, everything I had hoped it would be, except for the result, but fair play to Palace. How on earth you can critisize an event for such a worthy cause when it's run entirely by volunteers is beyond me. You've answered your own complaints in your last sentence,
WELL DONE TO GARETH AND EVERYBODY INVOLVED.

:clap::clap:

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Well it was my first time and I loved it, met a life long friend that had not seen for a while, Dave The Gaffer was superb on mike, leave him alone please as for the raffle being late, well I left before the end, but I think like most people who brought tickets they did it to raise money, not win prizes.......as most said, get involved if you want to improve things....

stop throwing stones

Can you all say it honestly went smoothly? Yes it was a laugh,Yes imppressed with endeavour of players,lad on the right with head band thought was super,yes its a great cause, yes they have raised 70k BRILLIANT! i just thought there was a lack of people doing the stuff on the ground,I supported it, bought tickets and clapped in all the right places,i just think if the poor guy doing raffle tickets had a bit more help he would not have still been folding raffle tickets gone 10pm,why not use leylands park or jubilee field next time.well done for all your efforts can do better 7/10:clap:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Can you all say it honestly went smoothly? Yes it was a laugh,Yes imppressed with endeavour of players,lad on the right with head band thought was super,yes its a great cause, yes they have raised 70k BRILLIANT! i just thought there was a lack of people doing the stuff on the ground,I supported it, bought tickets and clapped in all the right places,i just think if the poor guy doing raffle tickets had a bit more help he would not have still been folding raffle tickets gone 10pm,why not use leylands park or jubilee field next time.well done for all your efforts can do better 7/10:clap:

Is this the Rev's way of saying he will offer to fold the raffle tickets next year.

If so well done Rev, if not.............

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

You complete arse sir. I went last night for the first time too. I found people to be friendly and welcoming. As said by those before it is about raising a bit of cash and honouring the memory of one of our own. Many people give their time freely for this and you have the nerve to slag their efforts off, what a cock you are!

You probably stand back and think that Tony Bloom could do a better job if he listened to you?

Get some balls and learn some manners and stop hiding behind your forum name. Either join in and help or have the decency not to publicly criticize those that do.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You complete arse sir. I went last night for the first time too. I found people to be friendly and welcoming. As said by those before it is about raising a bit of cash and honouring the memory of one of our own. Many people give their time freely for this and you have the nerve to slag their efforts off, what a cock you are!

You probably stand back and think that Tony Bloom could do a better job if he listened to you?

Get some balls and learn some manners and stop hiding behind your forum name. Either join in and help or have the decency not to publicly criticize those that do.

Nail head. :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here