Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF Challenge Match XIII

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wot no binfest? Particularly enjoy the annual fifteen pages about who should play and who shouldn't that always ends up with the same faces in the team photo anyway. Same as it ever was. :lol:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Wot no binfest? Particularly enjoy the annual fifteen pages about who should play and who shouldn't that always ends up with the same faces in the team photo anyway. Same as it ever was. :lol:

Sadly Tom, you missed the binfest as it was very short-lived. The thread was headed that way and warming up nicely, but one of the Moderators (Hitony, I think) deleted all the 'off-message' posts an left us with this centrally approved North Korean version.

You can find the post-watershed version at the link below.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...014-Edition/page2&highlight=remf+paul+rodgers

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Binfest free and sadly I will miss the game this year which will mean for the very 1st time when played at home since the dawn of this wonderful spectacle.

Good luck all those involved and stuff CPFC please.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
When is the squad going to be announced anyway? Well under a month to get fundraising started now.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Think people need to stop complaining about not being involved, if you put your name forward you would be considered, what Brett does is fantastic and people are welcome to help out and do their own fundraising for REMF

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
When is the squad going to be announced anyway? Well under a month to get fundraising started now.

It's 2 days under a month. The squad will be announced in due course but seeing as you are such a huge supporter of the game and always give the team your undying support I'll give you a sneak preview... You're not involved.

You can relax and not have to worry about sponsorship now.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It's 2 days under a month. The squad will be announced in due course but seeing as you are such a huge supporter of the game and always give the team your undying support I'll give you a sneak preview... You're not involved.

I guess that's your way of saying "thanks" for the £20 I put on your just giving page the other year to get you over the hundred quid mark on the day before the match.

Still - you're right about one thing Ali; I don't have to worry about sponsorship now. Good to see the REMF football PR machine is as well-oiled as ever.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I guess that's your way of saying "thanks" for the £20 I put on your just giving page the other year to get you over the hundred quid mark on the day before the match.

Still - you're right about one thing Ali; I don't have to worry about sponsorship now. Good to see the REMF football PR machine is as well-oiled as ever.

I didn't say that. I am very thankful for yours (and every) donation I get.

I was merely pointing out that every year you spend so much time moaning about everything to do with it and you needn't worry this year.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
1388.gif

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
So is this happening this year? :shrug:

I've seen the poster etc (which I think is great), but who is actually playing? What's going on with the fund raising on here and at Albion games etc? What's the target and how much has been raised thus far? How do people pledge / donate?

I know that certain members of the REMF football crowd will chuck insults my way for dragging this up, but it seems they don't want to be held accountable for any of this stuff and just turn up on the night. Or is that wrong?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

I've seen the poster etc (which I think is great), but who is actually playing? What's going on with the fund raising on here and at Albion games etc? What's the target and how much has been raised thus far? How do people pledge / donate?

I know that certain members of the REMF football crowd will chuck insults my way for dragging this up, but it seems they don't want to be held accountable for any of this stuff and just turn up on the night. Or is that wrong?

They are perfectly reasonable comments Bry and I know you have been a supporter of the fund. There is a justgiving page set up for the team collectively. I hope everyone will support them. I will be there on the night arranging the raffle and trophies as usual. Hope to see and lots of others on the night. Any support given to the REMF is very much appreciated.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It's now a fortnight away so expect to see the justgiving link appearing a lot

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I don't think they post on NSC or something*.

(* Until they post on NSC to say they don't post on NSC.)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
NSC is a large part of support for the REMF. I have asked for a link to be added to this thread.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU

Must be said, for one of the managers (?) of the side to say that is pretty poor. Certainly bad PR as has been pointed out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here