Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF 5th Charity Golf Day - Gus Poyet is playing ... So can you

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Surely he will have Michael Owen as his partner

Full details are here:-

REMF 5th Charity Golf Day - Support the Charity Golf Day, even if you don’t play golf

REMF 5th Charity Golf Day - Support the Charity Golf Day, even if you don’t play golf

Ok, for all golfers and non-golfers. I’d like to announce that the fifth REMF Charity Golf Day will take place on Friday 24th June at Mid-Sussex G.C. in Ditchling. This promises to be better than ever and we need everyone’s support. It doesn’t matter if you’re an NSC “old-timer” or new to this site, you will be welcomed if you can give your support

Anyone entering the competition is guaranteed a great day. Just ask those from NSC who have played in previous REMF Charity Golf days. Any standard of golf is acceptable. If you can’t make up a 4-ball, then let me know, as there will be others in a similar position and I’m quite happy to put golfers together to create the teams. (This includes Dave the Gaffer, (alias Granny Weatherwax).

The format is similar to previous years. On arrival, participants will be welcomed with bacon rolls and tea or coffee. The entered four balls will then play 18 holes of golf, scoring in a stableford format. There are superb individual and team trophies, for the winners and the runners up, as well as further trophies and prizes for certain "Nearest the Pin" holes and a “Longest Drive”. On top of this, there will be a prize on every hole! Not having a very good round collectively? So what, you’ve still got up to hole 18 to grab a prize.

This will be followed by an excellent 4 course meal, after which will come the presentations and raffle. We have already been promised some excellent raffle prizes so come and have some of it. There is also an auction with at least 2 memorable items available

So how can you support the day?

First, by entering the competition as a four ball will only cost £60 per person. This is great value as can be seen from above.

Second, we're looking for sponsors, either individuals or companies, to sponsor a hole for £50. What do you get for this? Well, it's a charity donation so will be tax deductible. Your name (or your company's name) will be on prominent view at the hole you sponsor so all participants will know who you are. You will also be in the official program showing your sponsorship. We should also be receiving newspaper and radio media coverage. (We’re hoping that Robyn will “big” us up on Talksport)

Thirdly, if you would like to donate a raffle prize this will be gratefully received and will also be recorded in the official program.

We hope to have a certain celebrity entering as well, but more about that later.

For any further information on how to enter, sponsor or donate, either pm me, (Woodingdean Gull), through NSC, email me on t.langridge@virgin.net or ring me on 07860 371461 any time.

(If you’ve posted on a “Golf” thread recently, be prepared to receive a pm from me).

Tony (Woodingdean Gull)

JoePrecious

Mar 3, 2009
Hi Tony

Just about to send me form back - could you remind me who the cheque needs to be made payable to?

Thanks

Joe

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Hi Tony

After missing the last couple of Golf days, my son has brought me out of golf retirement and we have a definate four ball team.
I am sure I have the forms somewhere.......is it too late to join...?

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Hi Tony. Memebr of last years winning team - trying to convince the other 3 players to play and try to defend our trophy. Is there still spaces - hope to know by end of week. cheers

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Hi Tony. Memebr of last years winning team - trying to convince the other 3 players to play and try to defend our trophy. Is there still spaces - hope to know by end of week. cheers

There is at the moment. Can you PM me your email or postal address and I'll get the letter and entry form out to you. If you're 1 or 2 short let me know as I get solo entries and can make up 4-balls.

Cheers,

Tony.....

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
How's the hole sponsorship going? May be able to help with a couple?

Any room for solo novices?

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
How's the hole sponsorship going? May be able to help with a couple?

Any room for solo novices?

Hi Tim,

Sponsorship of holes is always most welcome as this is not easy to get. If you can help out, that would be excellent.

In answer to your second query, you would be made most welcome and I’m certain that you’ll thoroughly enjoy the day. As you can see from other posts, you don’t have to be a scratch golfer to enter, and I’ll put you with others anyway to form a 4-ball.

Just PM me your email or postal address and I’ll send you the entry and sponsorship letters and forms. (The forms are very simple to complete).

Thanks,

Tony….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here