Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF 2nd Charity Golf Day – please read, even non-golfers

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Hi Gavin,the 4-ball you are in will be going out at 10.38 so I would suggest you get there in plenty of time to get prepared and have your coffee and bacon roll.

You'll be playing with Ian, (another NSC'er) who plays off 9, Albion legend Paul (Dodge) Rogers and John, a good mate of mine, who plays off 5.

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Tony....:thumbsup:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Confused here, I thought the whole thing kicked off at 11 tomorrow, what time do you want us?

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Hi Phil,

we've had such a good response that we've brought the first tee time forward to 10.30. All of the early groups going out know about this so it's no change for the others.

The "Chiltingtoners" are due out at 11.58, (provided everything's on time), so hope to see you and your group around 11.00'ish for your coffee and bacon rolls.

Tony.....

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Hi Phil,

we've had such a good response that we've brought the first tee time forward to 10.30. All of the early groups going out know about this so it's no change for the others.

The "Chiltingtoners" are due out at 11.58, (provided everything's on time), so hope to see you and your group around 11.00'ish for your coffee and bacon rolls.

Tony.....

Great news on the great response.
Who's off first ?
The renamed "Not In The Forest" were planning to pitch up 10ish.

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Great news on the great response.
Who's off first ?
The renamed "Not In The Forest" were planning to pitch up 10ish.

The first 2 groups contain guys who will be "doing" the cards, a thankless task which is quite time consuming.

The next 4 groups are people that are coming from N. Hertfordshire and may need to leave a bit early to get back home.

"Not in the Forest" are the 9th group out, which is scheduled to be at 11.34. You'll be more than welcome to arrive at any time to have your coffee and bacon roll and to soak up the atmosphere at a lovely club.

See you tomorrow.

For those interested, below is the full list of teams and tee times:-

One The Creations 10.30
Simon Fenton
James Brady
Tim Dawson
Simon Rowland

Two Solos (The Larry's) 10.38
John Hope
Gavin Collins
Paul Rogers
Ian

Three Red Lion 1 10.46
Jason Archer
Richard Pay
Geoff Parrot
Scott Day

Four Red Lion 2 10.54
Tony Reynolds
John Devaney
Paul Moulding
Keith Gore

Five The Eagles 11.02
Ron Oliver
Rob Oliver
Sean Mansfield

Six Tee'd off 11.10
Stuart Culley
Mark Kitchener
Phil Hall
Rob Lodge

Seven Colin Davis 11.18
Colin Davis
Ky Davis
Andrew Spottiswoode
Peter Shepherd

Eight Prestonville noballs 11.26
Jim Ransey
Kevin Noble
Mark Noble
Wessel Lourens

Nine Not in the Forest 11.34
Nigel Summers
Kirk Brown
Jim Gasson
Paul Gasson

Ten Cantor Fitzgerald 11.42
Richard Goodman
Frank Pottle
Phil Latham
Mark Saunders

Eleven Taylor's + 1 11.50
J. Stone
J. Taylor
R. Taylor
C. Taylor

Twelve Chiltingtoners 11.58
Phil Shelley
Louise Shelley
Iain Montague
Shelley Reed

Thirteen Blatchington Bandits 12.06
Paul Drewitt
Paul Chambers
Colin Allen
Nick Newman

Fourteen Prestonville oddballs 12.14
Keith Botting
Steffano Amati
Richard
Joe Amati

Unfortunately, one 4-ball has had to pull out due to a family bereavement. Sincere condolences to all concerned.

Tony.......

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Excellent.

Thanks. Looking forward to it

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
You'll be playing with Ian, (another NSC'er) who plays off 9, Albion legend Paul (Dodge) Rogers and John, a good mate of mine, who plays off 5.

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Tony....:thumbsup:

Eeek :ohmy:... I think I'd better get the Blatchington Bandits on the Driving Range early tomorrow ... Sounds like the competition is going to be pretty good!!

I have a couple of questions from my team mates ..

What are the approximate timings for dinner/presentation etc?
Is there a specific dress code for the clubhouse e.g. Jacket and Tie or is smart casual more appropriate?

Looking forward to it (lets hope the rain storm that is currently lashing B Hill doesn't repeat itself tomorrow!!)

Thanks Paul.

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Eeek :ohmy:... I think I'd better get the Blatchington Bandits on the Driving Range early tomorrow ... Sounds like the competition is going to be pretty good!!

I have a couple of questions from my team mates ..

What are the approximate timings for dinner/presentation etc?
Is there a specific dress code for the clubhouse e.g. Jacket and Tie or is smart casual more appropriate?

Looking forward to it (lets hope the rain storm that is currently lashing B Hill doesn't repeat itself tomorrow!!)

Thanks Paul.

Hi Paul,

We hope to be all sitting down at around 5.30'ish, depending on how soon everyone comes in. It would have to be a very slow round for us not to be eating well before 6.00. The presentation and raffle will be as soon as the dessert has been cleared, around 6.30. I know that Doug, Robert's father will be there.

Dress is smart casual, some might wear a jacket, but the majority will be shirt and tie.

The forecast for tomorrow is mainly cloud, light winds but dry. Excellent golf weather.

See you tomorrow,

Tony....

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Are you serious, shirt and tie job for the meal??? I make it my lifes mission only to wear such garb for work, weddings and funerals. :eek:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I went for the presentations last night. It was a great day and huge plaudits to Tony. The REMF Golf day has been going for 7 years. It was a great, friendly day out and we raised some money for the fund. I remember 2 years ago we had about 15 players and we raised £ 80 profit.

Tony in the last 2 years has taken this event to a whole different level. I know that he planned yesterday for a whole year and worked very hard to get it all ready. Over 50 players attended yesterday and it ran without a hitch with some great raffle prizes. I will leave it to Tony to post the official figures but I think he could have beaten last years total of nearly £ 1000 profit.

What with the great success of REMF 7 and Robyn's marathon run, shirt auctions and donations the fund has raised in excess of £ 6000 this year already and goes from strength to strength.

Tricky Dicky won the Talk Sport day out which is very appropriate as he works for Cantor Fitzgerald where Robert Eaton worked. Richard can give some background to the establishing of the fund and its work since 2001.

Well done Tony.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
A top class day out yesterday, from start to finish.

The amount of work that Tony put into the planning and preparation was evident. This bloke could organise a serious piss up in a micro brewery :bowdown:

Well done to everyone who attended, sponsored, bought raffle tickets and special mention to Jim who won the Albion shirt and then donated it to be auctioned, raising another £170.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
It was a great day out, lovely course, and the whle thing was a credit to Tony and his efforts. The club put on a great spread, the food was excellent.

And to top it all, I am the first person I know to have the new 08/10 Albion shirt, signed by the squad.

(NB, I have a voucher for the shirt, to be redeemd as soon as the shirts become available)

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Of course Phil, I might just ask Dodge if I can have the signed Albion shirt for next years golf day a little bit early and put "Number 1" on it first. LOL.

I'll be posting a full report on a new thread in a couple of days but thanks to all who came and made it such a great day.

And to top it all, I am the first person I know to have the new 08/10 Albion shirt, signed by the squad.
This begs two questions ...

What's the shirt like? What's the squad like?

Well done to Woodingdean Gull.

Roz sends her apologies for not getting there with her camera. She wasn't feeling too well on Friday. By Saturday, she was feeling even less well. And by yesterday, she was in the RSCH, having her appendix removed.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Get well soon Roz

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton

Roz sends her apologies for not getting there with her camera. She wasn't feeling too well on Friday. By Saturday, she was feeling even less well. And by yesterday, she was in the RSCH, having her appendix removed.

Dodge didn't bring the shirt Ed, just a voucher for the new one to be picked up when it's out.

Please send our best to Roz and wish her a "snappy" recovery.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003

Well, er, the shirt, er, it's going to be blue and white, I think, and the squad, oh, well, there's Loft, Kuipers, er, Murray, I think, Forster, and some others, probably. :cool:

Get well soon to Roz, did they let you keep your appendix in a jar?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here