Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REM Tribute Thread

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Like being asked what you prefer a kick in the balls or a punch in the face. Not a fan I'm afraid to say. I do like squirrels though.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Like being asked what you prefer a kick in the balls or a punch in the face. Not a fan I'm afraid to say. I do like squirrels though.

Why open the thread then? Its not as if the title is somehow disguising the content.

:shrug:

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
I will say this though, there is a lot more to R.E.M than Losing my religion and Everybody hurts. Try checking out some early R.E.M stuff, now that's the good shit :)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I will say this though, there is a lot more to R.E.M than Losing my religion and Everybody hurts. Try checking out some early R.E.M stuff, now that's the good shit :)

Agreed.

Personally I love the well known stuff, but there are some real gems to be found by digging beneath the surface, as it were.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Why open the thread then? Its not as if the title is somehow disguising the content.

:shrug:
I get a buzz from moaning. Its like an endorphin release.

In all seriousness, I guess I opened this thread because I find REM so objectionable that I'll turn the radio down/off when one of their tunes come on, and wondered if anyone else was of a similar opinion.

Perhaps I could be the miserable git to you shiny happy people.

:)

Last edited:

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Life's Rich Pageant & Green - 2 Albums where REM were at their finest. Much like Brixton Academy circa 2004. Happy days!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
They've done heaps of fantastic tunes, but 2 of my personal faves are Drive and Orange Crush.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here