Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Relegation - What would it mean to you?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No need at all for a season ticket. Plenty of space to pick and choose games. Saving money when as a season ticket holder you are unable to go (not feeling well etc).

You've got that already, and even more so next season.
30,750 seats, less the away section and 19,000 taken by 1901 and other s/t holders, will leave c. 10,000 available on a match-by-basis in the Championship or League One next season.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I think we'd bloody well deserve it bunch of gutless wonders. Any other season in the last 10 years with the points we are likely to accumulate we'd have been relegated. If it hadn't been for the unusual quality of teh top 4 teams taking a higher than number of points meaning those really poor teams (us included) have managed to pick up less probably will save us.
I think going down might kick the powers that be at club up the backside in terms of showing all the short comings over the last 18 months instead i fear we'll stay up having not really even just done enough but the three teams who have done less well than us have man we've stayed up the club will have done it on the cheap and will think they can get away with it again. so not much will change.
The 19/20k alledged season ticket renewals won't have helped either as once again dispite the piss poor fayre served up on thepitch 19k loyal o tto the club supporters are swelling the coffers making the figures look like everything is ok.
I fear another season of disapointment coming up but i truly hope i'm wrong.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I travel down from Peterborough for home games, including as many evening games as doable. Plenty of getting home at 2:30am because I just miss the last fast train and the next is a slow service an hour later from Kings Cross. On the other hand I live quite literally over the road from London Road ground so that'd be the easiest away game in the history of away games for me.

However honestly, unless it was a critical game, i'm not going to take the very scarce leave I have left to book on Crawley town (home or away) on a Tuesday night. I'm a shift worker in London so i'm either up at 3am to get in to work or i'm home at 11pm. No matter what i'd need to take at least one day if not two off where as my house mate can take a half day split over both if he wants.

Nor am I going to trek down for some shoddy Friday night token "Sky care about the FL but only when the prem fixtures are shite" game either. From the clubs perspective I don't eat at the ground all too often, I don't drink at football generally but do drink on the train down so no loss of income there. I tend to give my ticket to my house mate who can distribute it freely. Very few games this season have any of our seats been empty.

Most importantly I'd be gutted. I bang on about Sussex and Brighton, and I do love the city and the club as a representative of my home city. Seeing what is one of the best parts of our city (the club as a whole that is) performing at a level which, frankly, is below us (as a whole set up) is upsetting. Qatar are using our stadium as an example of the quality they want their world cup stadiums to be. League one doesn't do the setup we've got justice. AITC is a really positive part of BHAFC and should be exposed to the upper echelons of English football. Our academy is world class. None of this screams "plucky League One".

If we find our selves in that situation then it'd feel like all the effort, enthusiasm and time everyone (almost) has given to the club has been squandered by bad luck, poor decision making, injuries and our own desire to take a risk too much. It would be no less than we deserve - we appointed the right man after Gus who could work with what he had. OG for me was exceptional. Its a shame he felt things didn't work out and left. Appointing Sami seemed like a coup given where he had come from but ignored his last 16 games at Bayern and was a mistake. Chris could be the man and has got experience in promotions and I see our level being a top Championship/lower prem side who might get a break in Europe once a decade or so. I'd love us to reach that potential, promotion races and relegation battles between the biggest league in the world and one of the most exciting and unpredictable leagues in the world.

We will never be a top four side. The premier league has seen that if you don't have a reckless chairman who will spunk money everywhere (Man City) or are already established (the top 4 for the last 15 years has been filled with established "big" clubs apart from City) you simply will not win the Premier League.

But relegation threatens all that the club has fought from and aspires to be. I do hope the changes being made are the start of a culture shift at the club, especially as TB, PB and the others at the very top learn more and more about how to fund and make the club successful as possible while still operating at an acceptable level.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
A few extra £ in my pocket because my season ticket would go down

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
It would mean we wasted the last promotion, and set ourselves back 4 years + at least 1 season in league 1.

FFS, 5+ wasted years.

:nono:

I would agree with that and am already disappointed about our performance, or the lack of it, this season. If we did go down, and I really hope we don't, it is never that easy to get automatic promotion back up again.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Without wanting to sound too 'super fan' it wouldn't mean a huge amount. I go for the craic, to see my friends, not the quality of the football. There would be a new ground or two (hello Fleetwood and Crawley) and some hilarious and tragic memories as there are every season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here