Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Relegation Odds

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Reading their forum they really do not get the supposed debt we have. They don’t understand that most of money from TB is actually in the stadium company which is separate to the football club. They are so deluded.

As well as being interest-free and rom a wealthy lifelong supporter who’s going nowhere. Huge tranches of which are periodically converted into equity share capital.

To all intents, investment.

Whilst the dimwits keep imagining financial wolves circling the Albion.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Reading their forum they really do not get the supposed debt we have. They don’t understand that most of money from TB is actually in the stadium company which is separate to the football club. They are so deluded.
Either deluded or just really thick.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
With Leeds coming up we could do with with a big club like Villa going down. We don't need them to get a foot hold in the Premier league. Fulham will throw plenty of money around again if they come up but that doesn't mean much.
Brentford would be nice.

You and your football finance knowledge and analysis!

(try logging out and back in again <sigh>)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Agreed, however one thing they did get right was. Lamprey getting away with a dive, hopefully GP gave him a bollocking for that.

Indeed.

Alzate dived in his first two games, then never again, so I think its quite likely something they would have a talk to him about. In non-VAR leagues like PL2 you can get a penalty from it so it could just be a bad habit that will go away pretty quickly.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
250/1. West Ham sucked right back in.

A0839A8E-7B64-474C-9F50-E2A670D7B87E.png

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The big thing still in our favour is that so many of those below us have to play either each other. West Ham, Villa and Watford can't all take 9 points.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I got on at 250/1.

But if villa lose to everton they can’t catch us, and bournemouth should be hit for at least 4 v city.

Be interesting if watford beat West Ham as cant see them taking anything from Man U. Means last day v villa is huge if villa pick up two points in next 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
the cash out on my £1,000 disappointment insurance is still less than my £4 stake

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
80/1 Sky Bet

For what it’s worth, that’s still higher than at any point in the previous 2 seasons until we were mathematically safe. I think you could get 50s after we drew at Burnley in 2018 and around 25-1 when Cardiff were 4 points behind with Palace and Man U to play.

Yes I follow odds very closely.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Indeed, they love the 'sneaky fiver' here and 'just in case' tenner there.

Let 'em enjoy it. I got on at 150/1, 'just in case', exactly as you say. If the worst happens it pays for next season's season ticket and softens the blow very, very slightly. (If there's another way of mitigating it, I'm all ears). If not, it's a fee you'd hand over without a second's thought if staying up were somehow on sale at that price, that'd typically buy you a few beers at most. I made the bet with my eyes wide open.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here