Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Relatives over from Canada - Things to do?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
**** her right in the pussy?

Goodwood Races at the end of the month.
20/20 Is on 11th July
Get a good look at the West Pier as it wont be there much longer.
The Pavillion! (No one ever seems to remember we have this lovely building in the centre of the City)
The Dyke

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Take Them into London, theres a place called The Poutinery for the finest poutine in London. Theres also a Tim Hortons (no drive thru though) and a Cinnabon. They'll feel right at home :D

Where is the Tim Horton's in London??

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Moulsecombe and Whitehawk in Brighton are worth a look. Parts of Crawley - Tinsley Green? - are not to be missed. Don't forget to take the new open top bus tours around Bugess Hill and Hailsham - something for them to do on the odd wet day. An hour or two sitting at the end of Gatwick Airport's runway plane spotting is something not to be missed, followed by a Mucky- D from the Drive-Thru (sic) at the South terminal and a trip on the Fastway service over the border in Surrey. I could go on, there is so much for them to do and see in the area.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

You little wag you! Had me thinking "don't recall one in Oxford Street" then I clocked the ON phone number.

Once upon a time, some of the Spar convenience stores had a franchise arrangement where they used to sell the stuff. That was many years ago though. The only local place in recent years that used to sell Tim Hortons products was, rather bizarrely, ASDA by Lancing station. However that finished about 3-4 years ago. None of the large ASDA's stocked it which seemed strange?

Poutine? A regular diet of that stuff is a heart attack waiting to happen.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
France , only couple of hours away if you use the tunnel.

Or nice walk in the woods where they won't be attacked by cougars, bears or wolves like back home.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
They've been over a few times before, so have done your trips to London, tours round Brighton, the pier, etc.
Not much has changed since their last visit (4-5 years ago), apart from our beautiful stadium, which of course they'll be shown.
So we are struggling to think of things for them to do. I'm fully aware there's probably lots, but need help.
Money is not much of an option, but need to try and keep travel down. Cheers x

Get a family National Trust pass, then go and get cultured, they love a bit of history.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Get a family National Trust pass, then go and get cultured, they love a bit of history.
Bloody expensive day out that will be, NT membership is not a cheap option for one off visits...... Value for a year of course.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Another vote here for Glorious Goodwood starting 29th July. And Brighton kite Festival (12-13 July) can be a nice day out if the weather holds up, dam fine excuse to drink zoider in a field.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Take them to Tunbridge Wells. The Pantiles obviously but the old part around there is interesting as well.The villages and pubs in the surrounding area are nice too like Penshurst for example.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
How old are the out of interest?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Going back a few months it was my mums birthday and the family arranged a meal out in a pub.
It was either the old oak or the yew tree off the A22 and past Arlington stadium and into a village.
I was really impressed with the whole thing the pub, food and location was great.
At this time of year I would imagine it would be perfectly British.
I am sure loads on here will know a lot more about them than me and which is best.
Sorry I can't remember which one but it had loads of hops in the bar.
Highly recommend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here