Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Reiss Nelson

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
Absolutely agree. Willock bucked that trend a little, signing for Newcastle after a loan period having played 40-odd games for Arsenal , but Reiss-Nelson has presumably been told he will get more game time but that certainly hasn't materialised yet but it meant he signed for another 4.5 years! . Interestingly he has played similar number of games as Willock had before his loan move to Newcastle.
You do realise his first name is Reiss and he doesn’t have a double barrelled surname ? 😂

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I don't know enough about to judge the price but 30 million does seem a lot.

Just checked his stats and he's made about 20 apps in all comps for Arsenal this season, which surprised me. Must have something about him.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
The chance to sign him went in the Summer! Then he could have signed for free, instead he chose to sign a new contract at Arsenal for £100,000 a week. No way are we paying anything close to what Arsenal want (for someone excess to their requirements) for that person to become one of our highest wage earners.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The chance to sign him went in the Summer! Then he could have signed for free, instead he chose to sign a new contract at Arsenal for £100,000 a week. No way are we paying anything close to what Arsenal want (for someone excess to their requirements) for that person to become one of our highest wage earners.
Agree.

On big club wages now, so we'll look for value elsewhere and leave West Ham and Villa to slug it out

There are other positions i'd be strengthening before striker as well

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
24 years old. Looked handy whenever I’ve seen him. On a free yes please, but not sure that’s the case regarding his contract.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
I read he is a free agent in the summer. Would be very us. Apologies for the predictable transfer window bounce!

He signed a four year contract in July on £100k a week. I guess there's a possibility he could have had some kind of break clause inserted in it if he wasn't given playing time?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I read he is a free agent in the summer. Would be very us. Apologies for the predictable transfer window bounce!

24 years old. Looked handy whenever I’ve seen him. On a free yes please, but not sure that’s the case regarding his contract.

Seems conflicting reports re contract. Who knows.

He signed a new long term deal with Arsenal last summer. Although not mentioned on the official Arsenal site it appears to run until 2027 with an option for a further year.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I miss BG and his 'transfer rumours' stuff at times like this. Someone needs to step into to the big man's to get us through the long fake-story fuelled summer :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here