Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Reheated Television

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Gladiators, Big Brother…they’re set to return.
They’ve tried with classic game shows (complete flop IMO)
Prequels for GoT and LoTR costing billions to make apparently, but feels like squeezing pips from an already dry lemon

Anyone else reading more and watching less? :) So many good podcasts too.

Maybe the Why Don’t You gang were right?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Big Brother is my most loathed TV series of all time. The arguments I had with my ex over it. To the point I would stay later at work to avoid it.

Trashy lowest common denominator tripe.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I loved Gladiators, especially "Rio" - whom I knew just before she was a Gladiator...

I wasn't a contender, and I wasn't ready - but she was a lovely girl :cool:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
F6E7C3A8-F153-40FB-95FD-1353489D1FEF.jpeg

I think I’ve gone on the first whistle.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Don’t mind a bit of junk telly to while away a lazy Sunday. Four In A Bed is my go-to. I’m 45, Dear.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Gladiators, Big Brother…they’re set to return.
They’ve tried with classic game shows (complete flop IMO)
Prequels for GoT and LoTR costing billions to make apparently, but feels like squeezing pips from an already dry lemon

Anyone else reading more and watching less? :) So many good podcasts too.

Maybe the Why Don’t You gang were right?

I haven't enjoyed a TV show like I enjoyed episode 1 of House of the Dragon for what seems like forever.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
At least University Challenge returns next week.
Tv quality took a dive when the networks discovered they could get big audiences to light entertainment by making cheap reality shows rather than paying proper professionals.....

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have felt for many years that Saturday night TV is proof of the death of civilization.

I cannot remember the last time I tuned into Saturday night telly. It probably was when Gladiators, Blind Date etc was still on. I have genuinely never seen an episode of those talent shows or pop music competitions.

In fact I think the only programs I watch live now are MOTD, sports stuff and those weekend kitchen/chat show type shows if I’m cooking breakfast or having a lazy morning. Even then it’s only on in the background.

el punal

Bringing back actual gladiators or just the TV show?

Wouldn’t that be wonderful? You could have all the contestants of Love Island, Big Brother, Geordie Shore and all the other absolute shit “reality” shows shoved into the arena to be gobbled up by hungry lions or sliced to pieces by Russell Crowe. :clap:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Wouldn’t that be wonderful? You could have all the contestants of Live Island, Big Brother, Geordie Shore and all the other absolute shit “reality” shows shoved into the arena to be gobbled up by hungry lions or sliced to pieces by Russell Crowe. :clap:

“Cool, so we just walk through there and then what? We get like voted off or like do an interview or something”?

“Yes Craig, something like that. Through the curtain please”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here