Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Registering for a fan number... Brighton pubs oop north?

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Good afternoon all fellow Brighton fans, my 1st post from a sunny Bradford.

I've decided to register on the Seagulls ticket site to build up a 'history' to try and become able to go to the Amex for a league match. I've not been able to register and keep getting to a certain point having entered my details and not able to go any further!

Due to work commitments (working 2 out of 3 weekends) and location i only get to go to a few matches each season and generally the north end of England but do get to visit a few decent places - Leeds, Huddersfield (yes i was at the 7-1 match!), Sunderland, Burnley and the less glamorous - Rochdale (had a nice feel to it) Oldham (coldest place on earth?!) to name a few over the past few years. At these locations i've either paid on the gate or got tickets through family and friends (I'm from Horsham originally)... However, this is bcoming seemingly harder to do.

Any way, back to the point has anyone else had difficulty registering for an official fan number? and if so, how did you resolve it?

One other point, to all northern based Seagull fans, there used to be a pub full of Brighton memorabelia in Baildon, Bradford called the junction (lots of real ale that makes you pay for it the next day!). I went in a whilst back and it had all gone. Has the landlord gone? is there any other pubs with a similar Brighton bias around anymore?

Thanks, Jim.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Don't think you can register at the moment - I'm guessing they will re-open the facility soon enough. I don't envisage any issues paying on the day for most matches, certainly not the ones north of London

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Are there any northern based supporters clubs? I'm always bumping into 'Expat' Brighton fans in exhile in Gods own county!!

yorkgull

Sep 18, 2005
the north
No supporter clubs that I know of but sure there are plenty of us up here.we are also spoilt for games up north this year.I expect most will be pay on the gate.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
No supporter clubs that I know of but sure there are plenty of us up here.we are also spoilt for games up north this year.I expect most will be pay on the gate.

Bear in mind that paying on the gate wont earn you any loyalty points - what's the harm in buying them from the official site in advance?

yorkshire seagull

May 18, 2004
Leeds
I'm in Farsley, so not far from you at all. I do try and get to home games quite regularly, so happy to meet up for train / drinks if you want...

cleckseagull

Apr 25, 2009
I'm in Cleckheaton and had to bite the bullet and get a Season Ticket. Got a mate in Preston (Lancs) who has one too. If you know you're going to a game and give me plenty of notice you can use mine. Family down south are using it for most games but I get first dibs seeing as I'm paying for it. If you need two then i can probably arrange this with my mate in Preston.
Regarding a northern based supporters club. I'd be right up for that (been in Yorkshire too long you see!). We just need someone to organise it! I'm not volunteering by the way but would like to be involved!

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
I'm in Leeds and have been thinking for a while that it would be good to get to know a few northern seagulls for away games and trips down for home games where possible. Also the occasional social beer would be good, especially for those occasions (probably more frequent this season) when we're on Sky.

Keen to be involved in anything that's going on...

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
One other point, to all northern based Seagull fans, there used to be a pub full of Brighton memorabelia in Baildon, Bradford called the junction (lots of real ale that makes you pay for it the next day!). I went in a whilst back and it had all gone. Has the landlord gone? is there any other pubs with a similar Brighton bias around anymore?

Jim - This is probably the pub that was run by Brighton Bill (sometimes posts on here under that name) and posts on the Argus website as BillyboyArnold. I remember him from the sixties and seventies especially at away matches along with his brother whom he told me at the SSCF had passed away 20 odd years ago. As I said I spoke with Bill outside the Amex on 16th July and he told me he had now retired and had sold the pub. :thumbsup:

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Glad to see there's plenty of us up here! I'll remember this thread and if i'm planning an away day i'll re post, my bro has about 100 kids so we can always manage some space in his people carrier...
Also when on the TV i'll post again and maybe get a few of us in a pub together? - Headingley is fairly safe and plenty of lovely students! I'm trying to get out of my late shift for the Leeds match...

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
PS further to my original entry, i ended up emailing the support email and they generated one for me...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here