Refreshments at the Amex

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I know it's the first time but FFS. They are so slow!!

Beer has plenty of fizz, pies are lovely, but it takes an hour to get served! Don't understand why when all the drinks have been prepoured.

I hope it's just down to teething problems. Bit worried that there's only two refreshment stands in the north too. Think they could do with a third.

Great to be in the new stadium though. I'll forgive them their sins!

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
They mentioned the problem on BBC Sussex radio. They have two weeks to sort it out before the Spurs game!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What lagers/ales have they got on sale?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I wouldnt get your hopes up, ive never been to a sporting event yet and didnt waist an hour of my life qing for overpriced fizz, ffs last night i missed 7 overs at the 2020 waiting to be served. Take your own in I say.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good that the problems are arising now.

I don't really understand why there needs to be a problem though. Selling items from a kiosk is not rocket science or a new idea.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I wouldnt get your hopes up, ive never been to a sporting event yet and didnt waist an hour of my life qing for overpriced fizz, ffs last night i missed 7 overs at the 2020 waiting to be served. Take your own in I say.

This plus am I right in thinking the smart cards are not in use yet which would slow things down

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
This plus am I right in thinking the smart cards are not in use yet which would slow things down

as will people using them for the first time at the next game!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
They didn't appear to be pre- poured in the North. Consequently missed first ten minute of second half. Only half of one kiosk open though.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Too be fair, when there is a reduced capacity, they are taking a big risk prepouring 40 pints, they may end up cucking half of them away.
I would imagine for a full house, there will be more staff and a lot of prepoured beers ready and waiting

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
I know for a fact that alot of the staff are from the uni's and agency's, and from personal experience, they are crap, these problems, unless they get in staff who don't look and move like the just got out of bed, will get worse

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The whole point of this limited capacity game is to iron out the kinks. Bit early to be predicting doom and gloom.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I know for a fact that alot of the staff are from the uni's and agency's, and from personal experience, they are crap, these problems, unless they get in staff who don't look and move like the just got out of bed, will get worse

It's more of a supervisor issue. All those temps only need to perform 1 function. 1 person takes orders and payment, 1 person collects orders. If the supervisor hasn't bothered to work out a decent system and isn't directing the staff properly then it will all fall apart in seconds

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
There were about 3 people serving one person. The cool bags with bottled fosters for half time was a good idea, and hopefully the use of smartcards will speed things up. The problem with the west stand was that only one kiosk was open at 2pm and they only opened the other smaller one at quarter to 3 and the other kiosk remained closed. I'm pretty sure with all the kiosks open and the cashless cards working that they'll get it right. Maybe they could do with more tills and less people hovering about though.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
It's more of a supervisor issue. All those temps only need to perform 1 function. 1 person takes orders and payment, 1 person collects orders. If the supervisor hasn't bothered to work out a decent system and isn't directing the staff properly then it will all fall apart in seconds

Exactly, it all stems down to how the big dog on the bar performs, if the supervisor doesnt have a good system like u say, everythings falls apart, but I would be slightly worried if it's like this from ramp up event, cause azure are meant to be caterers from all around the country, so u would expect them to be slightly prepared for this

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
There was a chap at the back of the WSU selling bottles of lager from a cool box with no queue at all. Everything will be a lot faster with smart cards.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
They only had 1 of the food outlets open in WSU, hence the queues.
I know it was also reduced capacity, but I'm sure with all 3 open, it'll be a lot quicker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports