Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Referee Sunny Sukhvir Gill (v Sheffield United)

Pete Skinner

Jan 27, 2024
I don't disagree.
Equally many of the existing laws of the game need to be reviewed in light of VAR technology.

Handball has become farcical, both in giving penalties and chalking off goals.

Offside no longer provides a fair balance between attack and defence, but provides the defence an opportunity to chalk off a goal which would have been given for the last 100 years.

None of this is the referee's fault however.
I don't disagree.
Equally many of the existing laws of the game need to be reviewed in light of VAR technology.

Handball has become farcical, both in giving penalties and chalking off goals.

Offside no longer provides a fair balance between attack and defence, but provides the defence an opportunity to chalk off a goal which would have been given for the last 100 years.

None of this is the referee's fault however.
Two Virgil van Dyke penalties tonight not given - both far more certain than our first against Sheffield on Saturday. Underlines the point I’m making , Gill was naive and inexperienced . But I’ll take it . Wish we’d had him last night

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Two Virgil van Dyke penalties tonight not given - both far more certain than our first against Sheffield on Saturday. Underlines the point I’m making , Gill was naive and inexperienced . But I’ll take it . Wish we’d had him last night
What? Ref tonight doesn't give two penalties that 'probably' should have been given - so that makes the ref at Sheffield naïve and inexperienced? If proper refereeing (ie: awarding blatant penalties) can only be done by naïve and inexperienced refs - then lets have more of them!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
You are a very odd chap.

A premier League ref (Tierney) missing a penalty, supports your point that Gill was naive?
I have already seen multiple comments that the ref and VAR have dropped a bollock tonight.

No one was saying that about the penalties on Saturday.
So surely it proves that Gill is performing at a better level than Tierney, no?

Shame you couldn't do a job on Palace last night.
I don't think Gill would have helped you though

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Var muck up tonight. The second half foul obvious pen.

Re the handball pen- I was in the away end and it was obvious it hit his arm. The ball traveled with a loop that would not happen from a header like that. It clearly had funny spin. Absolute stone wall pen.

As was the first.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The second one would have been laughable if given. He touched their players foot on the side, no more than a slight brush. Pathetic from the player to roll about.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
The second one would have been laughable if given. He touched their players foot on the side, no more than a slight brush. Pathetic from the player to roll about.
Far more of a foul that the jota one. Foot on top of his so he dived. It was a textbook example of why players dive.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Far more of a foul that the jota one. Foot on top of his so he dived. It was a textbook example of why players dive.
Neither were penalties.

You’re having a mare here, every TV analyst afterwards on Saturday said they were correctly awarded penalties

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Listening to Keown on TS defending Wilder is embarrassing……oh and let’s be clear it was one of the assistants who was eating the sarnie…..he’s gone into their room post match presumably to have a moan about the last ten matches….and he’s expecting the three of them to hang on every word……sounds to me as if it’s all got to him and he can’t handle the pressure 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Listening to Keown on TS defending Wilder is embarrassing……oh and let’s be clear it was one of the assistants who was eating the sarnie…..he’s gone into their room post match presumably to have a moan about the last ten matches….and he’s expecting the three of them to hang on every word……sounds to me as if it’s all got to him and he can’t handle the pressure 🤦‍♂️
He's just trying to create a narrative, that the issue isn't his management.

In fairness to him, it isn't just his management.
But considering the dodgy penalty decisions against Wolves and west Ham, the standard of refereeing really isn't a problem.

Pete Skinner

Jan 27, 2024
Finally …. you’re a Chelsea plastic.

Why not come clean last Saturday?
Just because I believe Gill did us a big favour against Sheffield doesn’t mean I’m a Chelsea , Palace or Sheff Utd fan. Just think that the 5-2 win flattered us and our result against Luton proved that. And maybe when we get dicked by Palace then the alarm bells might start to resonate.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just because I believe Gill did us a big favour against Sheffield doesn’t mean I’m a Chelsea , Palace or Sheff Utd fan. Just think that the 5-2 win flattered us and our result against Luton proved that. And maybe when we get dicked by Palace then the alarm bells might start to resonate.
When?

I don't care what team you support, but it definitely isn't Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here