Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Referee, fair or cr@p

Reeves_for_England

Aug 3, 2003
No, I was sat in the main stand to your left.

Can I just say that I've got no problem whatsover with Brighton and, like I said, think that they're a good example of a club prospering in the face of adversity. BUT, I still think that we were let down by the ref, so I'll argue my corner.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Reeves_for_England said:

Just to rub it in even more, when we were 3-1 down in the final minute of injury time, the lineman gave a foul throw against us. You couldn't make it up.

Guess what, that was a foul throw.

Therefore that was a good decision.

Stop whining

Reeves_for_England

Aug 3, 2003
As far as I could see, it was no different to any other throw that had been done that day. In fact, we'd done a couple earlier in the game that looked far worse than the one that got pulled up.

The point I was making that with 20 seconds left, why did the linesman suddenly decide that that particular throw-in was any worse to the ones that had preceded it. Did it really bloody matter at that point in the game?

The officials were the typical modern ones. No common sense.

Donny Osmond

Jul 6, 2003
Now seen that penalty decision a few times and it was the right decision. Okay the ball was hit hard but the defender took his eyes of the ball and put his hands above his head and blocked the ball with his arm. Not deliberate but still a pen.
RFE, What decision would you have given had a defender accidently blocked the ball on the goal line with his hand when it was blasted at him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here