Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ref

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I never want to see Darren England ref a Brighton match again. Blew for everything, outrageous decision in the first half to stop a clear attack on goal for no reason, did nothing to stop their incessant, appalling time wasting and hilariously only added on five mins at the end. Absolutely shocking.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I never want to see Darren England ref a Brighton match again. Blew for everything, outrageous decision in the first half to stop a clear attack on goal for no reason, did nothing to stop their incessant, appalling time wasting and hilariously only added on five mins at the end. Absolutely shocking.
Nail head, with feckin great big cow bells.
terrible blatant time wasting, I’d be embarrassed if I was their manager.
glad we never went for him when Potter left, imagine watching that week in week out…

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
He could have added 90mins at the end we still wouldn’t have scored

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He bought everything from Forest

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
The lino put up the flag our way, the ref who was miles away pointed the other way after seeing the lino's flag, so the lino changed it! It was very odd & that's without the rest of the timewasting & major injuries to the Forest players on the pitch.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shit ref and the booking of Mac was outrageous as was the shove on March down in the corner when he had the ball, right in front of the linesman, who then gave a goal kick.

Just five minutes injury time after 8 subs, a few injuries and blatant time wasting from Forest was criminal

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Apart from a bewildering stoppage to the game and the foul on March (which really was for the linesman to flag) I didn't see any problems. It's noticeable that all the comments relate to decisions that didn't go our way. There were one or two Albion challenges that went unpunished.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Shit ref and the booking of Mac was outrageous as was the shove on March down in the corner when he had the ball, right in front of the linesman, who then gave a goal kick.

Just five minutes injury time after 8 subs, a few injuries and blatant time wasting from Forest was criminal
Had forgotten about the Mac booking. That was laughable too.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Wrote a new rule where players dont need to go off after being treated
Players don’t need to go off after treatment if the player who caused the injury is booked. I can only remember a player not leaving the field after the high challenge on their player by Caicedo, who was booked for the challenge.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Apart from a bewildering stoppage to the game and the foul on March (which really was for the linesman to flag) I didn't see any problems. It's noticeable that all the comments relate to decisions that didn't go our way. There were one or two Albion challenges that went unpunished.
Forest came for a draw and a key component was blatant, consistent timewasting at every opportunity. He bought it every time.

And we have a new blight on our game. It was once diving / simulation; it is now feigning serious injury after losing possession. This is now rife in the Premier League with Brentford and Forest being particularly guilty.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Wrote a new rule where players dont need to go off after being treated
No he didn't. An injured player that receives medical attention from a foul and the other player receives either a caution or is sent off does not have to leave the pitch unless the treatment is considered too lengthy

Saying that the ref was shocking. His inaction killed the game stone dead. It had f*** all to do with any main decisions it's about the running of the game and the desire to keep it moving. Trossard just sat there for ages yet no medical staff came on and the ref didn't react to him just sitting there. A decent ref would have turned to the player with the ball on told him to the f***ing game restarted. This ref stood there motionless.

Awful shit game in which we were pathetic at our slow build up crap against a non footballing team who were shocking, backed up by a useless ref.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Isn’t that natural?

Oh and personally I think you are being rather generous as to his performance

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Forest came for a draw and a key component was blatant, consistent timewasting at every opportunity. He bought it every time.

And we have a new blight on our game. It was once diving / simulation; it is now feigning serious injury after losing possession. This is now rife in the Premier League with Brentford and Forest being particularly guilty.
Indeed.

When Johnson (was it Johnson?) went down for the second time in short succession, I thought his race was run - he'd got s serious enough injury to put him out of the game. But, no, he was soon back on his feet able to run at full pelt. Tosser.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here