Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ref at Charlton

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
Credit where credit is due. Thought the ref had a good game yesterday. Both teams did not hold back in the tackle and the ref handle it very well. Not throwing yellow cards around like confetti but talking to the players instead. It made for
a good game of football. Hope some other refs take note.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I agree to a certain extent, but felt some of the tackles warranted a yellow. Buckley was battered by the same player several times.

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
I agree to a certain extent, but felt some of the tackles warranted a yellow. Buckley was battered by the same player several times.[/Q

That worked both ways though as Bridcutt put in a few tackles that other refs would of booked him for.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I agree to a certain extent, but felt some of the tackles warranted a yellow. Buckley was battered by the same player several times.[/Q

That worked both ways though as Bridcutt put in a few tackles that other refs would of booked him for.

Yes I was staggered he got away with the one in the second half when Charlton broke.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Bridcutt was a lucky boy yesterday, ref played advantage and almost forgot about giving the yellow I think.

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
It was not just the few yellows, it was the way he wave play on rather than keep blowing his whistle. It let the game flow.

I think Bridcutt was lucky as the ball did not go out of play for a long time after the tackle. Which I think saved him.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Not too bad. Thought he gave them plenty of weak free kicks. For a supposed hard man Frimpong went down very easily. More wench than dench!

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Let the game flow, which made for good end to end stuff. Not sure that he knows what 10 yards is though, still deflection of the wall helped!

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
As well as the ref - you have to hand it to Charlton for getting the transport right
at the end of the game. I was straight on a train even though I was quite late
leaving the ground. Home in Kent by 6'ish.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
The ref got booed off by the Charlton fans but it was an old fashioned riffing performance where you were actually allowed to tackle !!!

Lets not forget however that the ref was Darren Sheldrake, who was the ref in THAT Bournemouth game at withdean !!!!

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
As well as the ref - you have to hand it to Charlton for getting the transport right
at the end of the game. I was straight on a train even though I was quite late
leaving the ground. Home in Kent by 6'ish.

Never been so crammed on a train though! Literally no where to move!

This is the way refereeing should be anyway. Most people seem to forget it's a contact sport.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ref missed quite a lot, but in fairness he was pretty fair. I'd much rather a ref who misses a few things and tries to let the game flow than so many who like to be the star of the show. Enjoyable day, good game but am I biased in thinking that we should have won, we missed quite a few good chances?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It was not just the few yellows, it was the way he wave play on rather than keep blowing his whistle. It let the game flow.

I think Bridcutt was lucky as the ball did not go out of play for a long time after the tackle. Which I think saved him.

Bridcutt was helped a lot by the Charlton player carrying on playing, rather than rolling around feigning injury.

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
Bridcutt was helped a lot by the Charlton player carrying on playing, rather than rolling around feigning injury.

Which is how it should be. Hate players trying to get other players booked. Its is aform of cheating in my book.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here