Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Reds and Yellows

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
So, the new rules have definitely come into play this weekend…more than ever noticed red and yellow cards dished out along with penalty decisions.

How do we think it’s going to impact our style of play this season?
Hoping that we end up at the penalty taking end of the decision, rather than playing with 10 men for 30 minutes.
Some teams are really going to get punished for their time wasting antics when they’ve got several players out on match bans - especially when they’ve no depth of squad and have picked up a few injuries.

Anyone know how we fared last season in comparison to the others?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We need to stop the petulant yellows we'll be ok, others it's tactical (Newcastle, Villa), hopefully we will see it does what the idea is there to achieve.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
The problem is that it will be a lottery.

Pascal was booked to kicking the ball away on Saturday. I noticed Caicedo back heel the ball away after committing a foul yesterday and not even receive a warning from the ref.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Already the rules aren’t consistent - in the matches at the weekend is was extra time then any time wasting in extra time was added on - tonight the ref blew exactly on the added time even though arseholes were time wasting (kick ball away from throw in etc).

Now I’m pleased palarse lost but want the rules to be consistent, stop the watch even in extra time or don’t.

It ain’t proper and it ain’t fair.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The problem is that it will be a lottery.

Pascal was booked to kicking the ball away on Saturday. I noticed Caicedo back heel the ball away after committing a foul yesterday and not even receive a warning from the ref.

This.
Depends on the ref and the day and the time of the month.

It'll be another shitshow instead of correcting the major problems (like Dunk handball, Wolves pen v Man U etc...) concentrate on the stupid ones. Yes add time on but yellows like Madley did at Wolves was ridiculous imo.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This.
Depends on the ref and the day and the time of the month.

It'll be another shitshow instead of correcting the major problems (like Dunk handball, Wolves pen v Man U etc...) concentrate on the stupid ones. Yes add time on but yellows like Madley did at Wolves was ridiculous imo.
Disagree. Yes the Dunk handball was ridiculous but that's a judgement call. Kicking the ball away or standing in front of the ball preventing a free kick shouldn't be and the sooner players catch on then the less cards there will be. However, as with all referees, consistency is key. Havertz should have had a yellow for standing over the ball to prevent a kick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here