Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Red Dwarf

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Back to reality was a great episode, when red dwarf was at it's peak. The episode that saw the first outing of Dwane Dibley and Timothy spall's cameo. "blatant clue". Love it.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Best ever episode. Queeg.

Six? Do me a lemon. That's a poor I.Q. for a glass of water. - Holly

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
It was only the one off special "Back to Earth" aka season 9 that was without a laughter track - and people weren't generally keen on that.

Are you sure you're not remembering it wrong? That happened to me once when rewatching League of Gentleman - I could have sworn it didn't have a laughter track, but apparently it always did.

Possibly i suppose. Just don't remember laughter on it before lol.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Very pleasantly surprised. Like most people I found the Back To Earth special to be total shit and the series before that was turd as well. I'd all but given up hope but a positive review in the Guardian convinced me to give this new effort a go and it really was back on form.

It's like the producers actually listened to the fans and they simply went back to what people liked. The deep space setting is all well and good, but most of the jokes could translate to any situation a lot of the time, the sci-fi is just a bit of a backdrop and plot enabler. Recognising this and just sticking to straightforward gags that work with the small, original cast, has brought the show back to what it used to be and I think they may actually have managed to rescue it.

Classic example of why you shouldn't mess with a winning formula

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here