Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Red Card?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
"Walsall were well under the cosh, and their cause wasn't helped when referee Graham Horwood sent off Alex Nicholls for kicking out at Tommy Elphick."

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I didn't see anything and again assummed it must have been something he said. I also wasn't sure he was actually sent off in the end as I must have been looking the wrong way when he left the pitch!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Nicholls admitted he "lashed out"

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I'm just amazed nobody seemed to see it. You'd expect B/C Block to be yelling their heads off. At the back of F Block, everyone assumed he'd said something to the lino.

Sit in D Block and all around were bemused by decision but fair play to the Lino, he flagged it immediately and Chris Hutchings in his post match interview agreed it was deserved.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I listened to the radio commentry and they did not know the reason for the sending off,so we must accept our good fortune and up our game to ensure we can beat a full strength team.
Before our first goal it was a poor game and the victory must not disguise the fact we have to improve a hell of a lot to gain promotion from a low standard league

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
i sit at the back of c block and was looking in that direction and i couldn't see why he was sent off, and our players weren't protesting in any way at all which made it even more odd imho

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Before our first goal it was a poor game and the victory must not disguise the fact we have to improve a hell of a lot to gain promotion from a low standard league

We do need to improve and I'm sure we will once we get the chance to start playing our strongest team, 5 games in and we still hav'nt seen Greer and Sparrow in the same side.

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
hurrah for a linesman who was actually watching the game, and prepared to act on what he saw

i didnt see it but look forward to seeing the highlights later:albion2:

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Thought it was decent of them to admit it. After all as none of us saw it if they had come out saying he didn't do anything we probably wouldn't have argued.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bout time the other team got a red. Incidently I thought the ref was WOEFUL today. Again. That's 4 games and 4 below average refs IMO.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Saw the linesman flagging frantically, he was definately the one who gave it. I didn't see the incident itself, but saw the player do an elbow gesture to one of the walsall defenders while he was making his way off the pitch, so can only imagine he was sent off for an elbow?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here