Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Red ants

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Spread cocaine around the garden!? Give it to the ants!? Are you mad!?

It's war I've declared, I'm not offering charity.

Yeah, but if you get them hooked on drugs they will be dependant on you as a supplier, you can ten trade with them, you get them cocaine and they agree not to bite you or any of your family & friends .....win win .....oh and you get some very chilled out Red Ants :thumbsup:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yeah, but if you get them hooked on drugs they will be dependant on you as a supplier, you can ten trade with them, you get them cocaine and they agree not to bite you or any of your family & friends .....win win .....oh and you get some very chilled out Red Ants :thumbsup:

They are annoying enough already. Imagine how much a coked up ant could piss you off.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ant killer chemicals are right up there with slug pellets. Mindless evil products for those too lazy and selfish to find a way to share space with harmless animals that are crucial to our ecosystem. And I speak as someone who's lost veg galore to slugs and snails over the years.

Do you have any paving slabs near to the lawn? Chances are the nests are lurking under there, right on the soil surface. If the slabs are easy to lift, might not be if they've been layed with pug on concrete, then finding a few nests should be easy. Just leave the slab off of any nests you find for a bit and they'll up sticks and move elsewhere very quickly.

If they're nesting under the lawn then that's trickier if you don't to want go digging around there. Any nests in cultivated soil are very easy to move just by disturbing the soil to encourage them to move on.

Resorting to chemical warfare on these amazing creatures is just not right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here