[Albion] Recruitment

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It certainly busts the myth that there's no strikers available. There are, we just haven't tried to sign them seemingly.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
that's actually not the area of recruitment I'm p***ed off with today. we were told we didn't need to replace burn because we had all these young players to come through. we haven't seen them yet. if they're not ready to be thrown in, okay, fine, but then surely you bring someone else in, no? because right now there's a massive 6ft 7 size hole in our defence

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
that's actually not the area of recruitment I'm p***ed off with today. we were told we didn't need to replace burn because we had all these young players to come through. we haven't seen them yet. if they're not ready to be thrown in, okay, fine, but then surely you bring someone else in, no? because right now there's a massive 6ft 7 size hole in our defence

Your spot on. I think a combination of both (not buying a replacement CB and striker) have affected us last 2 games.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I’m not sure Burn would’ve made much of a difference today. Our defence has looked poor the last couple of times we’ve played without both Dunk and Webster. Someone can correct me but I think the only times have been the loss v Wolves (Burn and Veltman) and the 1-1 at Saints (Veltman, Duffy and Burn) when an overall poor performance was forgotten due to the 98th minute scenes. Dunk and Webster are head and shoulders our two best centre halves, so having them both missing at such short notice is always going to make things hard.

As for the striker, it was a nice goal, but nothing to suggest he’s any better than Maupay or Welbeck.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Who did the telling, and who is the we that was told?
In terms of the 'next in line' CBs, the three most likely are out on loan -- Clarke, van Hecke and Ostigard -- gaining experience and playing regularly. There was a Dunk and Webster sized hole in our defence today. And if anyone needs to be blamed (and I'm not so sure they do), Dunk is the prime candidate for yet another unnecessary red card on Tuesday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports