Record gate receipts

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Must be in with a fair shout of that happening, even a full house at the Goldstone wouldn't have brought in so much income as the ticket price has risen so much. I am struggling to remember how much I paid for the Northstand in our last Season there, can't have been more than about seven or eight quid.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
we have had a few good crowds in the distant past but from memory of the sixties I reckon we were paying no more than 30 bob to two quid a game back then so max income around £70K. By the late seventies to early eighties it wasnt much more than five quid a game but a good few games must have broubt in more than we will get this weekend

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We'll still make a loss.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We'll still make a loss.

Not on the actual matchday though, surely.

Assuming 4,000 of those tickets are STH - that equates to (average) £19 a ticket. (£76k)

2,000 of the remaining are regular sales £24.50 - £27 (£51k)

1,000 away fans? I think they pay something like £20 (without travel) (£20k)

Then 1,800 student/kids etc. (£18k).

That equates to £165k. Minus expenses such as travel £20k? That leaves £145k. VAT on that or VAT on that before travel expenses have been incurred would leave us with £110-120k. Obviously there will be match day expenses - bonuses should we win, players wages, staff wages.

How much is our rent of Withdean per week?

None of these figures include income from programmes, merchandise, booking fees, food/drink.

I don't think we make a loss at the game per se, but we make a loss running the club. I am certain we will make money from this game, but will be offset by expenditure at an away game.

NB Obviously very rough figures.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I don't doubt your figures but have heard that we make a loss at each game. You are looking at income but the stewards have to be paid, staff and players wages etc etc.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't doubt your figures but have heard that we make a loss at each game. You are looking at income but the stewards have to be paid, staff and players wages etc etc.

I would, I have had a bit too much wine already.

I reckon we would get £110k from the game and I mentioned matchday expenses, bonuses, players wages etc. For some reason I didn't give a projected total. Probably because I would be way out - Thinking £80k for this game.

I know Hartlepool take £75k on gate receipts, Leed £575k :ohmy:

I am certain we make a profit AT THE game, but expenditure during the week and only one home time every so often means that we make an overall loss.

As I say, profit on the day, but loss overall.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...as long as dirty Leeds don't smash the place up.

My only worry is that their fans have bought tickets in amongst ours, we both have our fair share of knuckle draggers, I just hope the game passes without any sillyness.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Would be very surprised if we made a loss with a sell out crowd of 8,800

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
*sighs*
Listen to Fans Forums and look at the accounts.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
*sighs*
Listen to Fans Forums and look at the accounts.

:thumbsup:

you are right ..even at full capacity we make a loss..I thought that was a well known fact as its been mentioned loads of times during the Falmer campaign. as for the accounts we are millions in debt with trading losses for many years.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
we have had a few good crowds in the distant past but from memory of the sixties I reckon we were paying no more than 30 bob to two quid a game back then so max income around £70K. By the late seventies to early eighties it wasnt much more than five quid a game but a good few games must have broubt in more than we will get this weekend
You're talking about the seats right? It was a LOT cheaper on the terraces. I remember sometime in the 70s moaning because admission to the North Stand had gone up to 70p! Even in the 1st division in was only something like £1.30

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Would be very surprised if we made a loss with a sell out crowd of 8,800
I once asked 'Insider' this and he said he wasn't sure but he reckoned we needed gates at Withdean of about 12,000 to break even, so no, we make a loss every time we play. These losses pile up match after match, month after month, season after season - which is why I get irritated when people say "we've loads of money for new players."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports