Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Record Away Form Today?

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
If scores stay as they are today at the moment, Brighton will equal Bury in being the only other of the 92 league clubs to win twice as many games away than at home.

However the difference will be 1 greater ie

Brighton Won Home 5 and Won Away 10 (Diff = 5)
Bury Won Home 4 Won Away 8 (Diff = 4)

which points arguably to Albion having a greater disparity.

This stat. factors out league position as it is percentage based.

The significnce should not be lost however as clearly Withdean should be considered as the infuencing factor to all but a blind man or no doubt Ruth Kelly, given our track record in the fight for Falmer.

Regardless, there is still time to make capital of this fact in our quest to secure a proper ground, it being one which should not in consequence prove so much of a liability as Withdean has surely become.

Anyone else agree with the cause and effect postulated here and its significance re Falmer or have I merely uncovered a piece of trivial information?

justin

Feb 2, 2007
Brighton
Bromley shrimp said:
If scores stay as they are today at the moment, Brighton will equal Bury in being the only other of the 92 league clubs to win twice as many games away than at home.

However the difference will be 1 greater ie

Brighton Won Home 5 and Won Away 10 (Diff = 5)
Bury Won Home 4 Won Away 8 (Diff = 4)

which points arguably to Albion having a greater disparity.

This stat. factors out league position as it is percentage based.

The significnce should not be lost however as clearly Withdean should be considered as the infuencing factor to all but a blind man or no doubt Ruth Kelly, given our track record in the fight for Falmer.

Regardless, there is still time to make capital of this fact in our quest to secure a proper ground, it being one which should not in consequence prove so much of a liability as Withdean has surely become.

Anyone else agree with the cause and effect postulated here and its significance re Falmer or have I merely uncovered a piece of trivial information?
:clap2: :clap2: WE WANT FALMER

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Mr Banana said:
Affirmative, but I'm wary of using results to illustrate what is a much wider issue. It risks justifying the whole idiotic 'you're in division three, you don't need a big ground' argument.

I understand where you're coming from, but our home form is undeniably achieved at Withdean, and I have attempted by the comparisons made to factor this out from our position in the heirarchy overall.

It is really whether anyone is prepared to totally divorce home form from the apology of a football ground that is at issue by arguing that the two things are largely uncorrelated.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
We won 12 away in 71-72 promotion season, many of those with late goals.

Amoung those wins were 5-0 at halifax, 5-3 at Shrewsbury (0-0 at halftime), 4 goals at Oldham and 3 at Mansfied & Rotherham.

Five players finished with double figures in goals scored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here