Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Record Amex attendance for Liverpool?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I went to Fulham with a (Fulham) mate a few years ago......Liverpool scored and a couple of scallies in the row just along from us (we were right at pitchside in the front row) celebrated. One old guy 10 rows back went batshit mental, screaming repeatedly at the stewards to get them out (they did, no other drama really, they went quietly). The bloke next to us has his young son with him - probably about 6 - and it was obvious the kid was a Liverpool fan (even had a Liverpool shirt on under his coat). When they scored again, the dad pretty much suffocated him to stop him cheering :lol::lol:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bloody TV companies changing kick off games making it difficult for fans to attend.

Shame Gerrard isn't still playing, he could have got another standing ovation from the Albion fans as he was subbed off ???:albion2:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Do club want you to tell them if find yourself next to obvious away supporters ?

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Yep it’s one of those games where that particular ‘fan’ turns up.

That particular fan - One who has chosen their football team from a square piece of plastic in their living room rather than their local community.

Never mind rather the club had extra revenue from soulless glory hunters than empty seats.

Isn't this normal? One of the most famous clubs in the world with amazing players are going to be a huge attraction for part time fans. And Liverpool are playing too.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I went to Fulham with a (Fulham) mate a few years ago......Liverpool scored and a couple of scallies in the row just along from us (we were right at pitchside in the front row) celebrated. One old guy 10 rows back went batshit mental, screaming repeatedly at the stewards to get them out (they did, no other drama really, they went quietly). The bloke next to us has his young son with him - probably about 6 - and it was obvious the kid was a Liverpool fan (even had a Liverpool shirt on under his coat). When they scored again, the dad pretty much suffocated him to stop him cheering :lol::lol:

I’ve been to many Craven Cottage games to watch non-Albion games.

Fulham seem to have low underlying support, as on each occasion away fans popped up all over the place when their team scored. Many in the home section of the stand that also houses the away fans.

But I’ve never seen arguments.

But leaving after one game, just outside that stand we (genuinely) heard some young Fulham Tarquin’s and Rupert’s say they were going to ambush away supporters in the park on the way to the tube :lolol:.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Time to dig out the old reliable scarf.

anfield-liverpool-merseyside-uk-30th-nov-2019-english-premier-league-football-liverpool-versus-b.jpg

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
It's the horror of having someone sat next to you, singing 'you'll never walk alone' and screaming 'Liverpool, Liverpool' for 85 minutes that's the problem.

Which, of course, happens all over the Amex. All over.

:facepalm:

Really? I have been at every Liverpool visit to the Amex in either WSU or NS and I have never seen or heard a Liverpool fan in my vicinity.
However, I do remember playing Arsenal in the FAC and seeing a pensioner in WSU who had perfectly sewn together an Arsenal and a Brighton half and half kit; shirt, shorts and one sock from each kit. Hilarious, I just wish I had taken a photo...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Really? I have been at every Liverpool visit to the Amex in either WSU or NS and I have never seen or heard a Liverpool fan in my vicinity.
However, I do remember playing Arsenal in the FAC and seeing a pensioner in WSU who had perfectly sewn together an Arsenal and a Brighton half and half kit; shirt, shorts and one sock from each kit. Hilarious, I just wish I had taken a photo...

We did the Amex stadium tour about 4 years ago. The guide mentioned that Arsenal fixtures generate the most interest eg programmes sold and also snapped up in the shop. Fits in with my experience of tons of middle ages plastic gooners in Hove and my part of Brighton, who somehow all make the annual Amex fixture.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Really, you ask.

No, no, not really. I was being facetious. I have been following Brighton for 53 years and the only time I saw away supporters making a sustained and unanswered interjection was when 5 Gillingham fans 'took the North' in the early 70s, probably during the Pat Saward era.

It doesn't happen. That was my point. The occasional idiot who starts gobbing off will be slung out.

People getting exercised over Liverpool infiltrators turning the Amex into a sea of red sound to me like the sort of people who fantasize about standing on the beach at Seaford with a pitch fork to ward off the swarms of illegal terroristic immigrants with their funny clothes and their bombs.

:wink:

Jan 30, 2008

https://greatbritishmag.co.uk/uk-culture/learn-scouse-liverpudlian-slang/

Regards
DF

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Really, you ask.

No, no, not really. I was being facetious. I have been following Brighton for 53 years and the only time I saw away supporters making a sustained and unanswered interjection was when 5 Gillingham fans 'took the North' in the early 70s, probably during the Pat Saward era.

It doesn't happen. That was my point. The occasional idiot who starts gobbing off will be slung out.

People getting exercised over Liverpool infiltrators turning the Amex into a sea of red sound to me like the sort of people who fantasize about standing on the beach at Seaford with a pitch fork to ward off the swarms of illegal terroristic immigrants with their funny clothes and their bombs.

:wink:

Oh I see, yes you are correct and my only excuse for being "whooshed" is a bit of a hangover. I'm still glad to have shared the memory of the pensioner in the half and half Albion/Arsenal kit....

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I’m guessing what he means is Liverpool ‘fans’ ( never been to Anfield ) finally get to see their team play.

Oh that makes it OK then, so no Brighton fan has ever sat in a home end for a Brighton away fixture. Christ grow up.
For the sake of disclosure the person I bought a ticket for supports Birmingham and is down for my son’s stag party. I hope the NSC forum police can give me a pass.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Where I am it's nearly all ST holders who now all know one another, with only a couple of Match by Match seats a couple along. At one of the Amex games against City, there were a couple of city fans in the seats who sat on their hands throughout. When City scored they gave a little smile to one another, which prompted an enormous bloke behind to lean forward and loudly announce 'Keep it down, Gentlemen'. They did and stayed :wink:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Oh that makes it OK then, so no Brighton fan has ever sat in a home end for a Brighton away fixture. Christ grow up.
For the sake of disclosure the person I bought a ticket for supports Birmingham and is down for my son’s stag party. I hope the NSC forum police can give me a pass.

Bit of an over reaction?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh I see, yes you are correct and my only excuse for being "whooshed" is a bit of a hangover. I'm still glad to have shared the memory of the pensioner in the half and half Albion/Arsenal kit....

:lolol: :thumbsup:

And, yes, indeed. It's a bit like wearing a locket containing a photo of your husband and a photo of the postman.....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Where I am it's nearly all ST holders who now all know one another, with only a couple of Match by Match seats a couple along. At one of the Amex games against City, there were a couple of city fans in the seats who sat on their hands throughout. When City scored they gave a little smile to one another, which prompted an enormous bloke behind to lean forward and loudly announce 'Keep it down, Gentlemen'. They did and stayed :wink:

Brilliant.

Reminds me of when me and my mate Nils went up to the New Den and we sat in the family section (courtesy of a mate of his). We sat there tutting when the Albion did a nice thing, but it was a bit difficult when Forster scored the winner. I think we shook our heads sadly, while laughing inside.

It was quite an experience, though, sitting next to a big shaven headed lad with his little shaven headed son, with both of them screaming 'you caaaaants!' throughout the game. It gave me pause for thought when recollecting that my dad cut his teeth at the football in the 30s as a Millwall fan :facepalm:

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

1ECD931B-DB9F-497D-A53D-98E56BD66E20.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here