Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recommendations for breakfasts in Sussex

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
The one at the pitch and putt just before Roedean and above the Marina on the coast road out of Brighton, don't know its name.

Great views, sun trap, round of mini golf before or after. Has all your fry up needs and combos. Often go Saturday, Sunday morning with the papers, lovely.

hmmmmm got the day off Friday. Liking the sound of that

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
The best in Brighton was the clock tower cafe. It was run by an old couple. Wife took the money and husband did the cooking. I don't think I ever saw the wife smile, but it didn't stop them producing amazing breakfasts. Unforutnately, they sold up and the guy that replaced them wasn't any good at all. #

My current reccomendation would be Belchers, especially if you are partial to Bubble and Squeak.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
The Chalet - Cowfold

The Bungalow - Near Little Common

I suppose if I tried to start a theme here I could also include The Cabin near Horsham.

Some interesting ones there, thanks.

I went to the Crown and Anchor in Shoreham this morning at 10am, and they serve a decent fry-up. Also have eggs benedict for a low price, on the menu.
Great setting overlooking the river, can sit outside on the patio or in the light spacious conservatory. The only things I might criticize in comparison to some others I've been to;
Only 2 mushrooms, tasty but sparing.
I'll replace the fried bread for toasted next time - although they cook in healthy olive-oil it makes the plate look a bit too greasy.
Excellent coffee too.

Brio, incidentally, is near the station and a bit less attractive as a setting imo.
Crown and Anchor gets the :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here