Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons why I'm voting for UKIP

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Still a peaceful protest which you say doesn't work.

History is littered with protest and campaigns some worked some didn't.

The protest movement in the UK seems to suffer from a stigma attached to it of work shy 'professional protesters' who would turn up to anything. A very successful negative PR campaign waged by those who don't want people to protest.

The Archer/Bellotti was successful because all kinds of different people stood up and had their say, sending post cards, boycotting games and all the other things we did. The same principals can be applied to many different situations.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Why are you so afraid of hearing different languages or having freedom of labour? After all, it works both ways.

Pres, it doesn't matter 'why', it just is. The political classes are getting the bloodiest nose they have had for a very long time. Those who want to play the political game need to listen, not try to belittle.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Pres, it doesn't matter 'why', it just is. The political classes are getting the bloodiest nose they have had for a very long time. Those who want to play the political game need to listen, not try to belittle.

I have no issue with UKIP winning some seats. As you say the establishment need a kick in the nuts. I'd rather that kick came from UKIP than the BNP to be honest.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I have no issue with UKIP winning some seats. As you say the establishment need a kick in the nuts. I'd rather that kick came from UKIP than the BNP to be honest.

I would struggle to choose between the BNP and the Greens to be honest.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
However hard I try, I still don't have a problem with people who want to come to this country and make an honest living.

But then again, perhaps I'm not trying.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
If you are genuinely worried about an illiterate, poorly educated Romanian who can't speak the language taking your job.....

no i am not worried but i care about the weaker members of society to which the freedom of movement of labour is a threat. call me a leftie or having a social conscience but i believe we should protect people in our society, not just throw the baby out with the bathwater.

i find it staggering that people slate british people for not being equipped to deal with a cheaper workforce, and imply the lack of education to help them compete is their fault. so, romanians are illiterate and poorly educated?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
no i am not worried but i care about the weaker members of society to which the freedom of movement of labour is a threat. call me a leftie or having a social conscience but i believe we should protect people in our society, not just throw the baby out with the bathwater.

i find it staggering that people slate british people for not being equipped to deal with a cheaper workforce, and imply the lack of education to help them compete is their fault. so, romanians are illiterate and poorly educated?

According to UKIP they're also thieves.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Minimum wage legislation surely prevents the cheaper workforce issue you refer to?

Do you also refuse to buy goods made in China/Bangladesh and Indonesia because they are produced in sweatshop conditions, or turn a blind eye to it as nearly everyone does so long as the goods are cheap?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It does seem that an unscrambling of tonight's results indicate that the Conservatives are on course to win the next election, but perhaps not enough for an overall majority again.

Labour haven't gained enough, and the Conservatives not hit as much as would be expected in a PR system. Given that a fair proportion of UKIP voters (if the polls are to be believed) will return to the Tory fold, behind closed doors I would be most concerned if I was in the Labour leadership.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
25ksc2d.jpg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Minimum wage legislation surely prevents the cheaper workforce issue you refer to?

Do you also refuse to buy goods made in China/Bangladesh and Indonesia because they are produced in sweatshop conditions, or turn a blind eye to it as nearly everyone does so long as the goods are cheap?

Minimum wage legislation just means their is a limit that your once higher than minimum wage can be cut down to, Bricklayers I worked with 12 years ago are earning the same rate today as they were back then, some East European guys will offer the foreman half a days pay each week to get the start, guess who gets hired first and is laid off last.
As for buying cheap imports, I try not to, but with wages being forced down not everyone is in a position to be so choosy.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It does seem that an unscrambling of tonight's results indicate that the Conservatives are on course to win the next election, but perhaps not enough for an overall majority again.

Labour haven't gained enough, and the Conservatives not hit as much as would be expected in a PR system. Given that a fair proportion of UKIP voters (if the polls are to be believed) will return to the Tory fold, behind closed doors I would be most concerned if I was in the Labour leadership.

What surprises me the most is Labour and Conservative could wipe UKIP off the map tomorrow if both parties promised an in out referendum and put it into law so no question about backing out......but they wont......and here we are

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009

Ah, the old minimum wage argument; legislation held up by progressives as a another sign of workers rights when in reality, in combination with zero hours contracts it is a mechanism of neo-serfdom.

http://news.sky.com/story/1251973/1-4-million-workers-on-zero-hours-contracts

Workers rights can only be meaningfully protected when there are limitations on the labour markets, there is an obvious reason why there was no minimum wage after the plague, not that it stopped the powerful in Europe and the UK trying to oppress the powerless.

http://www.historyguide.org/ancient/statute.html

An over supply in the labour market only benefits the powerful, it should be of little wonder that it's Tory shits that want the racket to continue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here