Reasons why I'm voting for UKIP

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I thought the quote was relevent to the conversation I was having with Wrong Direction so I posted it. I think you Mr Grumpy were trying to look clever by name checking the author and arguing with it to have a cheap shot at me.

Do you have anything to add to the conversation or are you just going keep this up?

I wasn't trying to look clever. You're not the only one to have heard the quote and I would have thought that the fact that I posted a rebuttal to it very quickly after you posted might just show that I had already given it some thought: that I might just have read it before.

I can keep this up if you like. I've got no problem seeing you keep digging yourself into a bigger hole.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You've already used that line and assumed incorrectly that I haven't been reading the thread. Do I need to have made a comment on page 3 to have an opinion on something on page 11? And you can't keep peddling that line when I'm responding specifically to the trite guff you keep saying and namely that tyranny will CERTAINLY follow from apathy. It clearly hasn't in the UK, it hasn't in Ireland, it hasn't in Norway, it hasn't anywhere in the Western world where there is a stable democracy but widespread apathy.

Given that Wrong Direction and I had already agreed that politicians are not to be trusted and I was replying to his posts in the conversation I fell that the quote had relevance in the context of the discussion.
'
You will have to point out to me where I said that 'tyranny will CERTAINLY follow from apathy' as I don't remember saying or inferring it and I do not believe it to be the case.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I wasn't trying to look clever. You're not the only one to have heard the quote and I would have thought that the fact that I posted a rebuttal to it very quickly after you posted might just show that I had already given it some thought: that I might just have read it before.

I can keep this up if you like. I've got no problem seeing you keep digging yourself into a bigger hole.

I know from painful experience that you can (and I know how good it makes you feel) but please don't this is the dullest discussion I think I have ever been involved in.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You will have to point out to me where I said that 'tyranny will CERTAINLY follow from apathy' as I don't remember saying or inferring it and I do not believe it to be the case.

Certainly, I can do that.

You said:
The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy.

To which I said:
The danger of having a bad person controlling a government is not as bad as having an individual in a fair society who can't be arsed? Nah.

And you replied:
One will certainly lead to the other.

It's quite clear that you are saying that it's a certainty that tyranny (bad person controlling a government) will follow from a citizen's apathy. I highlighted your comment about certainty.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I know from painful experience that you can (and I know how good it makes you feel) but please don't this is the dullest discussion I think I have ever been involved in.

Hmm. It's strange how the conversation gets dull when you get hoisted by your own petard. You're the one who started quoting obscure political figures in an attempt to sound clever, after all.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Certainly, I can do that.

You said:

To which I said:

And you replied:

It's quite clear that you are saying that it's a certainty that tyranny (bad person controlling a government) will follow from a citizen's apathy. I highlighted your comment about certainty.

Thanks for pointing out my error Buzzer and sorry if it confused you but that is not what I meant to say. Sorry for spoiling your glorious victory but I may have been a little distracted during that post.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

It also coincided with your input Buzzer.

Anyway, as ever it has been........

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Post 382 I am still interested to know what you were on about

Ok, iv'e looked at post 382. Just look back a couple of posts.
You posted "Something has indeed made people turn to UKIP. What that is, is very concerning.

Hang on though I have never said that people who vote for UKIP are racists, you got quite snitty when you thought i was putting words into your mouth so please don;t do it to me (I am assuming you are not joking)

and surely you are not suggesting that a black person can't be racist? (not suggesting he is as i know nothing about this chap, I didn't watch the vid as i am watching Fargo and trying to do some work)" Your quote

I replied "I never said you stated that "people that vote for UKIP are racists"......my post clearly stated "The amount of people that have suddenly turned to UKIP can not mean they are all racists".
Perhaps watch the vid before commenting "surely you are not suggesting that a black person can't be racist?".........nothing he states would even suggest anything remotely to do with your comment."

You CLEARLY did not watch the video but POSTED this "and surely you are not suggesting that a black person can't be racist? (not suggesting he is as i know nothing about this chap, I didn't watch the vid as i am watching Fargo and trying to do some work) "

I suggested NOTHING about "that a black person can't be racist", you put that in your post......why i know not, because if you had watched the video, instead of commenting on it blind, you would have seen the fellows comments re the racist slurs being bandied about.

I hope this clears things up.
Moral of the story is don't accuse Buzzer of commenting that he has not read the thread, when blindly posting yourself.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You posted "Something has indeed made people turn to UKIP. What that is, is very concerning".

Hang on though I have never said that people who vote for UKIP are racists, you got quite snitty when you thought i was putting words into your mouth so please don;t do it to me (I am assuming you are not joking)

and surely you are not suggesting that a black person can't be racist? (not suggesting he is as i know nothing about this chap, I didn't watch the vid as i am watching Fargo and trying to do some work)

I replied "I never said you stated that "people that vote for UKIP are racists"......my post clearly stated "The amount of people that have suddenly turned to UKIP can not mean they are all racists".
Perhaps watch the vid before commenting "surely you are not suggesting that a black person can't be racist?".........nothing he states would even suggest anything remotely to do with your comment."

You CLEARLY did not watch the video but POSTED this "and surely you are not suggesting that a black person can't be racist? (not suggesting he is as i know nothing about this chap, I didn't watch the vid as i am watching Fargo and trying to do some work) "

I suggested NOTHING about "that a black person can't be racist", you put that in your post......why i know not, because if you had watched the video, instead of commenting on it blind, you would have seen the fellows comments re the racist slurs being bandied about.

Moral of the story is don't accuse Buzzer of commenting that he has not read the thread, when blindly posting yourself.

I know big scary Buzzer eh?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You posted "Something has indeed made people turn to UKIP. What that is, is very concerning.

and surely you are not suggesting that a black person can't be racist? (not suggesting he is as i know nothing about this chap, I didn't watch the vid as i am watching Fargo and trying to do some work)" Your quote

But why did you bring up the racist thing in the first place?

Sorry this post above is a bit confusing (don't let Buzzer read it)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What?. He just posted as far as i can see. Then again we see that anyone that gets into a debate with you ends up a threatening person, looking at your comments earlier.
Just a difference of opinions really.

What are you on about? You have had plenty of debates with me (as has Buzzer) and none of us have ever threatened the other. Infact I think it is only Brighton Fella who has (although he then said that he didn't so I am not sure).

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
But why did you bring up the racist thing in the first place?

Sorry this post above is a bit confusing (don't let Buzzer read it)

Ok, i'll try again.....jeez.
Through the threads, this one and the other anti UKIP ones, the racist this racist that has been repeated many times.
You came out with the statement "bloody foreigners", a joke i know.
I posted quote "The amount of people that have suddenly turned to UKIP can not mean they are all racists, they must have some reason to desert their previous parties"

You took in yourself to think i was having a pop at you even though i stated the ABOVE.

Your retort "Hang on though I have never said that people who vote for UKIP are racists, you got quite snitty when you thought i was putting words into your mouth so please don;t do it to me (I am assuming you are not joking)

and surely you are not suggesting that a black person can't be racist? (not suggesting he is as i know nothing about this chap, I didn't watch the vid as i am watching Fargo and trying to do some work)

So i accused you of nothing, put no "words in your mouth", did not mention "a black person can't be racist?"...your posts/words.
And the fact is you commented on a video ("a black person can't be racist?") that you clearly mentioned you had not seen
Maybe an hours detention for you eh :)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Ok, i'll try again.....jeez.
Through the threads, this one and the other anti UKIP ones, the racist this racist that has been repeated many times.
You came out with the statement "bloody foreigners", a joke i know.
I posted quote "The amount of people that have suddenly turned to UKIP can not mean they are all racists, they must have some reason to desert their previous parties"

You took in yourself to think i was having a pop at you even though i stated the ABOVE.

Your retort "Hang on though I have never said that people who vote for UKIP are racists, you got quite snitty when you thought i was putting words into your mouth so please don;t do it to me (I am assuming you are not joking)

So i accused you of nothing, put no "words in your mouth", did not mention "a black person can't be racist?"...your posts/words.
And the fact is you commented on a video ("a black person can't be racist?") that you clearly mentioned you had not seen
Maybe an hours detention for you eh :)

Oh I see it was in reference to what other people say? Why didn't you say that before? (told you it wasn't important!)

I am already in detention I am sitting here writing school reports.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Oh I see it was in reference to what other people say? Why didn't you say that before? (told you it wasn't important!)

I am already in detention I am sitting here writing school reports.

It was clearly in the post at the time, as well you know it, it seemed important enough to you that you stated a few times that i had not answered your question.
Clearly i needed to put my posts and your posts down twice before you grasped it.
Make that two hours detention ???

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It was clearly in the post at the time, as well you know it, it seemed important enough to you that you stated a few times that i had not answered your question.
Clearly i needed to put my posts and your posts down twice before you grasped it.
Make that two hours detention ???

it wasn't clear otherwise I would not have kept asking, thanks for clearing it up though.

D

Deleted member 22389

Sick of hearing politicians saying they understand how people feel. They don't understand how people feel, otherwise they would have spoken about the issues Farage highlighted years ago. I keep hearing it "We have been knocking on the doors and people have been telling us time and time again they have a problem with immigration".

So your telling me this is the first time they have heard about these issues. Where have these people been?, don't they read the newspapers, don't they have an Internet connection, can't they hear the different langauges on their own streets, can they not see the change in population in their own towns and worked out how this is linked, seriously.

Amongst all the rubbish, Farage's message is quite simple, get out of the EU so we can control our borders more effectively. If we don't get out of the EU, whoever is running this better country better be truthful about the numbers of people who are coming here for work, and start working with the EU directly and reform the currents laws on open borders so it works for everyone and address ALL the issues that come with immigration both from EU and non EU countries.

Last edited by a moderator:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports