Reasons why I'm voting for UKIP

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
SIMMO and I are self employed, we are lucky to get one week off a year, and I'm supposed to find a protest to go on LOL no chance.

I know, same for me WD, i have been to two funerals and the dentist of late.....unpaid.
The protesters are usually the ones that have no jobs or plenty of time on their hands.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
SIMMO and I are self employed, we are lucky to get one week off a year, and I'm supposed to find a protest to go on LOL no chance.

Just keep on hating your neighbour eh? Good luck with it. I hope you enjoy your long weekend.

The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I know, same for me WD, i have been to two funerals and the dentist of late.....unpaid.
The protesters are usually the ones that have no jobs or plenty of time on their hands.

So are you back to answer my question from yesterday or just make moronic generalisations?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just keep on hating your neighbour eh? Good luck with it. I hope you enjoy your long weekend.

The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy.

As I said, come back to me when the revolution begins.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Now I know you live in Melbourne can you stop preaching to me as you have no idea what's going on over here.

So because I live in Melbourne (I don't actually) I am now wrong about my previous posts stating that your anger is directed at the wrong person? (even though you agreed with them at the time).

Like I say enjoy your long weekend.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I've always thought that Montesquie quote a load of tosh. The danger of having a bad person controlling a government is not as bad as having an individual in a fair society who can't be arsed? Nah.

That first line of yours is a strawman argument too. Too busy or not interested enough to protest = hating your neighbour. Good going with the logic.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I've always thought that Montesquie quote a load of tosh. The danger of having a bad person controlling a government is not as bad as having an individual in a fair society who can't be arsed? Nah.

One will certainly lead to the other.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
That first line of yours is a strawman argument too. Too busy or not interested enough to protest = hating your neighbour. Good going with the logic.

You might want to read a bit further back in the thread Buzzer as the comment has context (maybe do it before you jump in with a comment next time so you don't make yourself look foolish :)).

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
One will certainly lead to the other.

Not necessarily. Not by a long chalk. There's widespread apathy to politics in the Western world yet somehow the idea of fairness prevails. I thought it was only Marxists that believed in historical determinism.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not necessarily. Not by a long chalk. There's widespread apathy to politics in the Western world yet somehow the idea of fairness prevails. I thought it was only Marxists that believed in historical determinism.

If you read the thread before you jump in you would be a little more up to speed with what we were talking about. But keep taking things out of context as you jump in at the end of a conversation if it makes you happy.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You might want to read a bit further back in the thread Buzzer as the comment has context (maybe do it before you jump in with a comment next time so you don't make yourself look foolish :)).

I don't think I'm the one looking foolish, Mr Patronising. I think you've been caught out before trying to make yourself look clever by copying and pasting dead people's quotes.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don't think I'm the one looking foolish, Mr Patronising. I think you've been caught out before trying to make yourself look clever by copying and pasting dead people's quotes.

I thought the quote was relevent to the conversation I was having with Wrong Direction so I posted it. I think you Mr Grumpy were trying to look clever by name checking the author and arguing with it to have a cheap shot at me.

Do you have anything to add to the conversation or are you just going keep this up?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If you read the thread before you jump in you would be a little more up to speed with what we were talking about. But keep taking things out of context as you jump in at the end of a conversation if it makes you happy.

You've already used that line and assumed incorrectly that I haven't been reading the thread. Do I need to have made a comment on page 3 to have an opinion on something on page 11? And you can't keep peddling that line when I'm responding specifically to the trite guff you keep saying and namely that tyranny will CERTAINLY follow from apathy. It clearly hasn't in the UK, it hasn't in Ireland, it hasn't in Norway, it hasn't anywhere in the Western world where there is a stable democracy but widespread apathy.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Clearly it is to you.
Obviously i have missed replying to one of your questions. I am quite prepared to give my opinion, although it probably will not match yours. :)

Post 382 I am still interested to know what you were on about

What was The amount of people that have suddenly turned to UKIP can not mean they are all racists post in relation to then? It kind of came out of nowhere, I was confused an all i could think was that you thought that maybe i had said that. Otherwise i couldn't see what relevance it had t what we were talking about.

Same applies for the video you posted, I am missing what you are referring to here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports