Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons why I'm voting for UKIP

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You confuse, not many posts later you post this
quote: "A factual point eh? I must have missed that as well. Blimey a bit of a victory and you racists are even more incoherent than normal!!"

Bloody hell Soulman keep up!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm a white British 25 year old male born and bred in Brighton getting screwed over on rent for my one bed flat off Lewes road. There is a white British 25 year old bloke living in the flat below me with his pregnant overweight misses and little sprog, neither work and are claiming every benefit under the sun. Am I racist for hating him? Am I racist if I hate a foreign person in his position?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Seems you have a bit of trouble reading...I said that would be one of two of the answers...and it was not propaganda,posted propaganda are lies,this actually happened as proved.

Surely you can see that the BNP article you posted was a bit sensationalist. Within a couple of lines I was wondering where it cam from: it was too low-brow and emotive for the Daily Star.

Propaganda isn't lies, it's information. Particularly information presented in a way that influences people's attitudes or views.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
you fail to understand that I don't CARE about ANY of the points you made , I don't care a jot if 99.9% of the worlds refugees claim asylum in a country bordering their own,its the ones that come through umpteen countries to get here that concern me, I don't CARE if France accepts more refugees than us, its the ones at Calais waiting to try and get here that concern me , that is the point I'm making when I labelled you as a gullible well meaning fool , only someone like that would present these arguments and expect me to give a toss.

Wallow in your ignorance.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Surely you can see that the BNP article you posted was a bit sensationalist. Within a couple of lines I was wondering where it cam from: it was too low-brow and emotive for the Daily Star.

Propaganda isn't lies, it's information. Particularly information presented in a way that influences people's attitudes or views.

Pity you weren't around to tell Herr Goebbels that proganda aren't lies.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Propaganda is a form of communication aimed towards influencing the attitude of a population toward some cause or position.

Propaganda is information that is not impartial and used primarily to influence an audience and further an agenda, often by presenting facts selectively (thus possibly lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or using loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. Propaganda can be used as a form of ideological or commercial warfare.

While the term propaganda has acquired a strongly negative connotation by association with its most manipulative and jingoistic examples (e.g. Nazi propaganda used to justify the Holocaust), propaganda in its original sense was neutral, and could refer to uses that were generally benign or innocuous, such as public health recommendations, signs encouraging citizens to participate in a census or election, or messages encouraging persons to report crimes to law enforcement, among others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Clearly you don't understand the meaning of the word.
Having heard Herr Goebbels on the radio,I decided he was lying in denying the holacaust...

Propaganda is a powerful weapon in war; it is used to dehumanize and create hatred toward a supposed enemy, either internal or external, by creating a FALSE image in the mind. This can be done by using derogatory or racist terms, avoiding some words or by making allegations of enemy atrocities. Most propaganda wars require the home population to feel the enemy has inflicted an injustice, which may be FICTICIOUS or may be based on facts. The home population must also decide that the cause of their nation is just.

Propaganda is also one of the methods used in psychological warfare, which may also involve FALSE flag operations. The term propaganda may also refer to false information meant to reinforce the mindsets of people who already believe as the propagandist wishes. The assumption is that, if people believe something false, they will constantly be assailed by doubts. Since these doubts are unpleasant (see cognitive dissonance), people will be eager to have them extinguished, and are therefore receptive to the reassurances of those in power. For this reason propaganda is often addressed to people who are already sympathetic to the agenda. This process of reinforcement uses an individual's predisposition to self-select "agreeable" information sources as a mechanism for maintaining control.

But carrying on believing that propaganda aren't lies...

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Pity you weren't around to tell Herr Goebbels that proganda aren't lies.

Actually Goebbels was careful not to lie per se..he was a brilliant propagandist because he invented spin. He would take fact like the defeat at Stalingrad or the RAF bombing of Dresden and turn these disasters for the Reich into a galvanising calls to arms.

It is a testament to his brilliance that, to this day, the bombing of Dresden is considered a war crime by many rather than a legitimate act of war (which it clearly was...an act of war, that is).

Alastair Cmpbell likewise. Not a liar but a brilliant spinner of the truth. The best Propaganda is always done this way.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Having heard Herr Goebbels on the radio,I decided he was lying in denying the holacaust...

Propaganda is a powerful weapon in war; it is used to dehumanize and create hatred toward a supposed enemy, either internal or external, by creating a FALSE image in the mind. This can be done by using derogatory or racist terms, avoiding some words or by making allegations of enemy atrocities. Most propaganda wars require the home population to feel the enemy has inflicted an injustice, which may be FICTICIOUS or may be based on facts. The home population must also decide that the cause of their nation is just.

Propaganda is also one of the methods used in psychological warfare, which may also involve FALSE flag operations. The term propaganda may also refer to false information meant to reinforce the mindsets of people who already believe as the propagandist wishes. The assumption is that, if people believe something false, they will constantly be assailed by doubts. Since these doubts are unpleasant (see cognitive dissonance), people will be eager to have them extinguished, and are therefore receptive to the reassurances of those in power. For this reason propaganda is often addressed to people who are already sympathetic to the agenda. This process of reinforcement uses an individual's predisposition to self-select "agreeable" information sources as a mechanism for maintaining control.

That's like saying that because some tomatoes are rotten, then all tomatoes are rotten.

Some propaganda is clearly lies. Goebbels lied. Governments often lie.

But not all propaganda is lies. Some of it is promoting good things.

Or telling the truth about dodgy organisations.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Did you even read what you copied and pasted?

(By the way, propaganda's an uncountable noun, so "propaganda isn't...").

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm a white British 25 year old male born and bred in Brighton getting screwed over on rent for my one bed flat off Lewes road. There is a white British 25 year old bloke living in the flat below me with his pregnant overweight misses and little sprog, neither work and are claiming every benefit under the sun. Am I racist for hating him? Am I racist if I hate a foreign person in his position?

Good points. Mentioning the word foreigner would result in you probably getting the following abuse from the political correctness brigade

If you mentioned it was a foreigner you would probably be called an xenophobic
If you mentioned what country the person came from, you would be called a racist

This is how we are all slowly being conditioned to think in the UK. It's not going to happen to me because I can see through the bullshit.
Good luck I say because we are going to pay a heavy price for this in the future.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Good points. Mentioning the word foreigner would result in you probably getting the following abuse from the political correctness brigade

If you mentioned what country the person came from, you would be called a racist

This is how we are all slowly being conditioned to think in the UK. It's not going to happen to me because I can see through the bullshit.
Good luck I say because we are going to pay a heavy price for this in the future.

It would be xenophobic if you claimed or implied that his nationality was somehow related to the situation. If it's not related why would you mention the nationality?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Why don't you tell him and her to get off their arses and start looking for work. Unless in fact they are, in which case what's the problem (other than you being screwed on housing, which is an issue that needs addressing)?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Let's face it there will always be out and out racists, from both sides actually. Over the years that "racist net" has widened, to the extent that to have a difference of opinion on certain subjects, puts you in the "racist" bracket.
When this got a bit tiresome a few other words had to be introduced, so we moved on to xenophobic. The next step by some is the words "extreme right", normally used again when again a view is put forward that certain people do not agree with.
My favourite at the moment is right wing "facilitator".....what a great new word eh.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Did you even read what you copied and pasted?

(By the way, propaganda's an uncountable noun, so "propaganda isn't...").

Funny enough I'm studying Miltary history of the 20th Century at the moment...so I replied to your post saying propaganda are not lies...when clearly most of it is...just a point...if you think propaganda is all true...just carrying on sleepwalking.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Why do you hate him?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Let's face it there will always be out and out racists, from both sides actually. Over the years that "racist net" has widened, to the extent that to have a difference of opinion on certain subjects, puts you in the "racist" bracket.
When this got a bit tiresome a few other words had to be introduced, so we moved on to xenophobic. The next step by some is the words "extreme right", normally used again when again a view is put forward that certain people do not agree with.
My favourite at the moment is right wing "facilitator".....what a great new word eh.

It amazes me that people bring up the word racist in relation to seemingly nothing (I think people do it to further their own agenda) and even when repeatedly ask cannot expain their reasons for bringing it up (PC gone mad is the only explanation).

It is very funny though when after ignoring the requests for clarity on this point the PC gone mad person chooses to jump back on board to challenge a clear piss take.

The way people use words eh?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Funny enough I'm studying Miltary history of the 20th Century at the moment...so I replied to your post saying propaganda are not lies...when clearly most of it is...just a point...if you think propaganda is all true...just carrying on sleepwalking.

This is really a very good example of the spin you are talking about. At no point did he say or infer that propaganda is all true.

What he said was the propaganda was not by definition lies, something that you have kind of implied by saying 'clearly most of it is'.

Good luck with your studies.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Why do you hate him?

Because its not fair! He's happy as a pig in shit playing his PS4 all day n getting his shopping delivered by tesco, whilst I'm working my bollocks off to just scrape by in the equivalent flat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here