Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons why I'm voting for UKIP

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Rather foolish to allow 'feelings' over 'thought' to choose government IMHO.

Maybe some people have had enough of the "thoughts" and actions of the last few governments, maybe their "feelings" are that they have had enough.
Topbanana36 lives in NZ, like you the other side of the world, but he is over here at the moment, so may have a better idea than you.
This from his recent post.
(quote)
"Well sadly none of the other parties give a monkey's bottom about mass immigration and welfare. I have just returned from NZ (family reasons) and can not believe the change that has taken place. I could not just stroll into NZ and claim benefits and housing I had to go through a rigorous process costing me thousands. It seems that the UK has become a country almost unrecognisable. Well done to UKIP for ruffling a load of feathers." (quote)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Maybe some people have had enough of the "thoughts" and actions of the last few governments, maybe their "feelings" are that they have had enough.
Topbanana36 lives in NZ, like you the other side of the world, but he is over here at the moment, so may have a better idea than you.
This from his recent post.
(quote)
"Well sadly none of the other parties give a monkey's bottom about mass immigration and welfare. I have just returned from NZ (family reasons) and can not believe the change that has taken place. I could not just stroll into NZ and claim benefits and housing I had to go through a rigorous process costing me thousands. It seems that the UK has become a country almost unrecognisable. Well done to UKIP for ruffling a load of feathers." (quote)

Sorry I have up at your tired and boring "you don't even live here" argument.

Stick with your feelings SM they did the trick in Star Wars. What could possibly go wrong?

Politicians have been preying on those that don't think for years. You get the politicians you deserve. UKIP are playing on pistols fears just like all the others.

We have a government over here who played on peoples fears, and with their first budget they have right royal ****ed the working man up the arse while kowtowing to the rich and powerful. Murdoch continues to vilify the needy and we all munch on the shit sandwich we and dished ourselves up.

Same shit different country, these UKIP chump are not the saviour of the common man, they are a one policy outfit who are preying on the fears of the common man.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
these UKIP chump are not the saviour of the common man, they are a one policy outfit who are preying on the fears of the common man.

they are a one policy outfit who have arisen to give the establishment a kick in the balls,they seemed to have achieved this without trying in the local elections before their main agenda of the EU elections(we will know on sunday). i believe you are right they prey on the fears of the common man....but answer me this.......if the common man has fears why did the main three parties dismiss these fears and allow UKIP to grasp on them and gain votes?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
quite simply the 3 main parties have for too long treated the electorate like crap,its the same old bullshit.

i for one welcome the new mix......complacency should be punished

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
they are a one policy outfit who have arisen to give the establishment a kick in the balls,they seemed to have achieved this without trying in the local elections before their main agenda of the EU elections(we will know on sunday). i believe you are right they prey on the fears of the common man....but answer me this.......if the common man has fears why did the main three parties dismiss these fears and allow UKIP to grasp on them and gain votes?

Because no politician gives a shit about any of us past needing our vote to continue living the life they have become accustom to. They represent no-one except themselves and their cronies and will do what it takes to get our vote. My guess is that. as someone else alluded to earlier, they are reluctant to dip their toes in the water of the in/out argument because they are not prepared to give up what the EU affords them.

As you can see i have no faith in mainstream politics whatsoever. I would be dancing a jig that so many people had protested against them if people had not chosen UKIP to do it. To me they look like the rest of them , the only difference is that they have seized on peoples fear of immigrants to get their foot in the door rather than the lies and manipulation of the main parties.

Cynical I know but I see them as part of the problem not a solution to it.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I'm in a quandary I'm anti EU but pro immigration (within what's reasonable) anti pro helping refugees...who do I vote for?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Sorry I have up at your tired and boring "you don't even live here" argument.

Stick with your feelings SM they did the trick in Star Wars. What could possibly go wrong?

Politicians have been preying on those that don't think for years. You get the politicians you deserve. UKIP are playing on pistols fears just like all the others.

We have a government over here who played on peoples fears, and with their first budget they have right royal ****ed the working man up the arse while kowtowing to the rich and powerful. Murdoch continues to vilify the needy and we all munch on the shit sandwich we and dished ourselves up.

Same shit different country, these UKIP chump are not the saviour of the common man, they are a one policy outfit who are preying on the fears of the common man.

I can not really comment on what is happening in OZ, but i have an opinion on what is happening here, many do not agree with that opinion, and me with their opinion.
I do tend to listen to peoples views that actually are amongst the situation because the decisions right or wrong will ultimately affect the people that live here.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm in a quandary I'm anti EU but pro immigration (within what's reasonable) anti pro helping refugees...who do I vote for?

Is that a serious question ? I ask as UKIP are anti EU and pro CONTROLLED immigration ( not anti all immigration as many people would have you think ).

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I can not really comment on what is happening in OZ, but i have an opinion on what is happening here, many do not agree with that opinion, and me with their opinion.
I do tend to listen to peoples views that actually are amongst the situation because the decisions right or wrong will ultimately affect the people that live here.

Yet you continue to reply to an opinion whose geography causes you to dismiss it.

Thank you for once again assessing the decisions that will and won't affect me. It is very useful to know these things.

Does the appointment of our new manager affect me or should I keep my opinions on that to myself as well?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
You do realise that your NZ chums are ALL likely to be first or second generation immigrants don't you? I'm all for means testing, points based migration controls etc. but it is wrong headed to use kiwis or Aussies as an example of excellence. It's not even their fecking country.
Its not even their fecking country eh ? I take it you also apply this standard to first or second generation immigrants here ?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Yet you continue to reply to an opinion whose geography causes you to dismiss it.

Thank you for once again assessing the decisions that will and won't affect me. It is very useful to know these things.

Does the appointment of our new manager affect me or should I keep my opinions on that to myself as well?

The new manager is a different situation. I take you watch BHA games and if you can watch the game then you will have a good insight to what is going on, and a say on the manager of the team.
You left England presumably for a better life, because you were looking for a better future i presume, now you are trying to state what is good for this country from 15,000 miles away, you are really out of touch and reach.
Oz is about 30 times the size of England, with a population of about a sixth of ours, so lets see if the balance was readdressed and your population was on par, you would get another 400m in the country you live in. How would your services, infrastructure etc cope.
People over here have been worried for a long time that this country was being over populated, the services and infrastructure are creaking.
Seeing as only one party seem to want to tackle this problem, which is putting "fear" into people, then that is why UKIP's support has risen sharply.
Perhaps now the other parties will now take note and listen to the views of the people that live in these shores.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The new manager is a different situation. I take you watch BHA games and if you can watch the game then you will have a good insight to what is going on, and a say on the manager of the team.
You left England presumably for a better life, because you were looking for a better future i presume, now you are trying to state what is good for this country from 15,000 miles away, you are really out of touch and reach.
Oz is about 30 times the size of England, with a population of about a sixth of ours, so lets see if the balance was readdressed and your population was on par, you would get another 400m in the country you live in. How would your services, infrastructure etc cope.
People over here have been worried for a long time that this country was being over populated, the services and infrastructure are creaking.
Seeing as only one party seem to want to tackle this problem, which is putting "fear" into people, then that is why UKIP's support has risen sharply.
Perhaps now the other parties will now take note and listen to the views of the people that live in these shores.

Bloody foreigners coming on our message board and stealing our opinions about stuff. Keep em out I say.

Seriously though, i have read the same statistics on here which so far haven't been challenged so i will presume they are true for now. These stats stated that the net migration of the UK means that the UK only has about 100,000 extra people in it. So you can whinge all you like about services and infrastructure coping with the masses off people flooding in over the UK borders but with the masses of people flooding the other way it actually makes little difference. Baldhsir (is that his name) made the point that in light of these figure it was less about the number of people but more about how they were distributed throughout the UK. this i can agree with as i agree that the poor and needy are treated in a very shoddy way governments across the world.

If you are interested in the immigration issues we face in Australia you can find lots of information on the internet. It really is marvelous. Apparently the main issue is a lack of water as Australia is the driest continent on the planet. Amazing really as it rains a lot where I live so in my experience we have plenty of water, so I had to read books and stuff to find out about other places.

Sadly for you the government still have to listen to me as I am still eligible to vote via post. Maybe you could ask your UKIP chums to look into that for you.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Bloody foreigners coming on our message board and stealing our opinions about stuff. Keep em out I say.

Seriously though, i have read the same statistics on here which so far haven't been challenged so i will presume they are true for now. These stats stated that the net migration of the UK means that the UK only has about 100,000 extra people in it. So you can whinge all you like about services and infrastructure coping with the masses off people flooding in over the UK borders but with the masses of people flooding the other way it actually makes little difference. Baldhsir (is that his name) made the point that in light of these figure it was less about the number of people but more about how they were distributed throughout the UK. this i can agree with as i agree that the poor and needy are treated in a very shoddy way governments across the world.

If you are interested in the immigration issues we face in Australia you can find lots of information on the internet. It really is marvelous. Apparently the main issue is a lack of water as Australia is the driest continent on the planet. Amazing really as it rains a lot where I live so in my experience we have plenty of water, so I had to read books and stuff to find out about other places.

Sadly for you the government still have to listen to me as I am still eligible to vote via post. Maybe you could ask your UKIP chums to look into that for you.

You have put in the words "bloody foreigners", i suppose to other posters it is to try and tar me eh.
I have plenty of foreign friends, i do not have a problem with most immigrants, same as i do not have a problem with most people that live here.
The fact that i think immigration needs to be tightly controlled so that we can house and look after the people that are here, so that the infrastructure and services are not stretched etc......is just common sense imho.
Still it is easier to spout the usual terms and innuendos to those who have these opinions.
You keep the "bloody foreigners" term to yourself, for i have not stated this.
As for looking into the politics of Australia, firstly i do not live there and what happens there will not effect me, and secondly i am more concerned about the country i and my family live in.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You have put in the words "bloody foreigners", i suppose to other posters it is to try and tar me eh.
I have plenty of foreign friends, i do not have a problem with most immigrants, same as i do not have a problem with most people that live here.
The fact that i think immigration needs to be tightly controlled so that we can house and look after the people that are here, so that the infrastructure and services are not stretched etc......is just common sense imho.
Still it is easier to spout the usual terms and innuendos to those who have these opinions.
You keep the "bloody foreigners" term to yourself, for i have not stated this.
As for looking into the politics of Australia, firstly i do not live there and what happens there will not effect me, and secondly i am more concerned about the country i and my family live in.

If it is all the same to you, I would also like to be concerned about the country that my family live in.

Sorry for the joke about Bloody foreigners.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
If it is all the same to you, I would also like to be concerned about the country that my family live in.

Sorry for the joke about Bloody foreigners.

No worries about the joke. Perhaps when you next visit England you will think it is all hunky dory.
The amount of people that have suddenly turned to UKIP can not mean they are all racists, they must have some reason to desert their previous parties.
I expect you have seen the video by the UKIP Croydon candidate.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
No worries about the joke. Perhaps when you next visit England you will think it is all hunky dory.
The amount of people that have suddenly turned to UKIP can not mean they are all racists, they must have some reason to desert their previous parties.
I expect you have seen the video by the UKIP Croydon candidate.

Something has indeed made people turn to UKIP. What that is, is very concerning.

Hang on though I have never said that people who vote for UKIP are racists, you got quite snitty when you thought i was putting words into your mouth so please don;t do it to me (I am assuming you are not joking)

and surely you are not suggesting that a black person can't be racist? (not suggesting he is as i know nothing about this chap, I didn't watch the vid as i am watching Fargo and trying to do some work)

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Something has indeed made people turn to UKIP. What that is, is very concerning.

Hang on though I have never said that people who vote for UKIP are racists, you got quite snitty when you thought i was putting words into your mouth so please don;t do it to me (I am assuming you are not joking)

and surely you are not suggesting that a black person can't be racist? (not suggesting he is as i know nothing about this chap, I didn't watch the vid as i am watching Fargo and trying to do some work)

I never said you stated that "people that vote for UKIP are racists"......my post clearly stated "The amount of people that have suddenly turned to UKIP can not mean they are all racists".
Perhaps watch the vid before commenting "surely you are not suggesting that a black person can't be racist?".........nothing he states would even suggest anything remotely to do with your comment.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I never said you stated that "people that vote for UKIP are racists"......my post clearly stated "The amount of people that have suddenly turned to UKIP can not mean they are all racists".
Perhaps watch the vid before commenting "surely you are not suggesting that a black person can't be racist?".........nothing he states would even suggest anything remotely to do with your comment.

Sorry then i missed the point of your post.

What was The amount of people that have suddenly turned to UKIP can not mean they are all racists post in relation to then? It kind of came out of nowhere, I was confused an all i could think was that you thought that maybe i had said that. Otherwise i couldn't see what relevance it had t what we were talking about.

Same applies for the video you posted, I am missing what you are referring to here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here