Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
ME, ME ,ME ,see it for the broader picture eh :facepalm:
PS France borders with several countries
regards
DR

I'm well aware of the broader picture. Oddly enough I don't try to summarize my entire world view into a post on a football message board.

PS. And I'm also quite good at geography.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Exactly, they're not.
So you ' speak with immigrants ' on a daily basis , wow , I didn't realise you were at the sharp end of the immigration question, must be a relief to get back to Shoreham eh ?

You really struggle with seeing things through others' eyes, they're not tested because I don't judge people based upon their race or nationality. If you want to blame foreigners for all the woe in your life, then so be it, but it's not for all of us.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I know you're all wondering about dogshit man. He came 2nd.

The conservatives only held on by their fingertips. I hope that - like UKIP and their immigration policies that the Tories once condemned, lost votes because of,and then stole - that dogshit policies will now rise to the top of the agenda.

Perhaps immigrants should only be allowed in to clear up dogshit? Everyone wins

Even better, to be allowed in to the country to form 'Eat Shit & Die Squads' where they roam the streets looking for ********s who let their dogs shit everywhere and not clean it up. They then force feed it to said ********s who then having forcibly swallowed their last gulp of it, have their heads stamped with ES&D with non washable ink, this would mean it would be illegal to give these ********s medical attention for 2 weeks, whilst also giving immediate employment to immigrants looking for work.

If Dogshit man comes calling for my vote, I may just suggest this to him.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I think your experience is not like their experience. I think this is where a lot of the arguments stem from, because there are different degrees of multiculturism in this country. Some areas just have Eastern Europeans, Some areas are just Asian, some areas have both and / or a mixture of other cultures.

I should imagine their experience is something like the link below I have posted. This goes a long way to the sort area I used to live in too. It's honest at least.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/9831912/I-feel-like-a-stranger-where-I-live.html

I take you point but this supposes that a) I have only every lived in Shoreham which is obviously not the case and b) I don't spend a lot of time areas that do fit the bill of these mixtures of cultures exist. The funniest thing though is an idiot from Haywards Heath trying to lecture me, did put a smile on my face.

D

Deleted member 22389

I take you point but this supposes that a) I have only every lived in Shoreham which is obviously not the case and b) I don't spend a lot of time areas that do fit the bill of these mixtures of cultures exist. The funniest thing though is an idiot from Haywards Heath trying to lecture me, did put a smile on my face.

I think Bushy has lived in the type of area that I pointed out in that link. I think a lot of these arguments stem from what experience people have had. No disrespect to your views, and no disrespect to Bushys views.
If you do or have lived in these areas, and it didn't bother you, well I have to congtralute you. It's something I never got used too.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
London is the "multi cultural" centre of the world. By this I imagine they mean it looks like a rubbish dump and has gangs of knife wielding maniacs disembowelling each other because of drugs.

The whole yard is a mess. Can't we have a bit more f the "culture" that doesn't empty it's bin all over the pavement?

If millions of Eastern Europeans want to flock there..let em. They can make a handsome living building multiple occupancy dwellings in each others back gardens without planning permission.

I had the unpleasant experience of visiting The Royal London A&E last week. I kid you not people had set up little stalls in the corridors selling all sorts of tat...it looked more like a souk or an Albanian bazaar than an NHS hospital. Everything is tatty and messy outside the tourist bits.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I take you point but this supposes that a) I have only every lived in Shoreham which is obviously not the case and b) I don't spend a lot of time areas that do fit the bill of these mixtures of cultures exist. The funniest thing though is an idiot from Haywards Heath trying to lecture me, did put a smile on my face.[/QUOTE]

Even funnier is the idiot from Shoreham who doesn't realise that though I now live in Haywards heath, I was born and brought up in London.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I think Bushy has lived in the type of area that I pointed out in that link. I think a lot of these arguments stem from what experience people have had. No disrespect to your views, and no disrespect to Bushys views.
If you do or have lived in these areas, and it didn't bother you, well I have to congtralute you. It's something I ever got used too.

For the record,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normanton,_Derby
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leyton
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croydon

I think the problem I have is that race and ethnicity are only the most obvious characteristics of an area - If I take Shoreham as an example, like everywhere it has it okay bits, and it's not so good bits. Why does it have not so good bits? Can't answer that, but as is being pointed out it's not got a large immigrant population so we can't point the finger of blame at foreigners. Where there is a large immigrant population they become the immediate and obvious target for our ire....

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Spot on

The audience member on question time last night is a case in point. He voted ukip because in Bishop Stortford there was a shortage of school places to which he believed immigration was a contributory factor. Okay I'm paraphrasing. Now I don't know if he's right or wrong or the demographics of his area, but that's a.valid concern interns of the end product (no school places) that the other parties need to address

The UKIP panelist was totally ganged up on. As we know the audience is hand picked, unfortunately Dimbleby put his foot in it by asking the audience who supported UKIP, he only had a couple to pick from. Fair representation. ..yeah right.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Scene...... Hotel Fawlty Towers. Torquay
Time Early morning. Dining room.
Basil Fawlty placing cutlery on tables.

Enter Mr Nibble from his first nights sleep at Fawlty Towers.

Basil....Ah! Mr Nibble,presume you had a good nights rest.

Mr Nibble...Well,not really I have been worrying about the election results... but I will need breakfast.

(Mr Nibble heads for table by window..)

Basil. No Mr Nibble you can't sit there,that's Lord Melbeys table...Ha,Damn fine fellow ...aristocracy you know,the fellow is a brick.

Mr Nibble. Is it alright if I sit here ?
Basil. Yes,Yes,please do....Coffee,Breakfast ?

Yes,(grabbing his copy of the Guardian) what is that view outside that window anyway ?

Basil. Oh! that's Torquay.

Mr Nibble. Well I don't like it...it's full of white heterosexual middle class males.

Basil. Oh! What would you like to see,EU parliament,Brussels maybe...or the one Strasbourg perhaps...or all the immigrants at Calais queuing up to get into Britain maybe...

Ah! Her's your coffee Mr Nibble.

(Nibble sips coffee) Yikes,what's that? (spitting out a mouthful of coffee over the table)

Basil. That sir is the finest coffee we import from Brazil.

Mr Nibble. Well I don't like it,it's not European,you should buy from the EU our main trading partners.

Basil. There is the rest of the world we can trade with sir,after all,we import more from the EU than we export from the EU and there is a booming trade to be had with South America,India,China,Japan.

Mr Nibble . Hump! what's for breakfast ?

Basil. What can I get you,Kippers?

Mr Nibble...WHAT! ..Don't mention U Kippers to me,they stitched us up like a bunch of them. Evil,Racist,Xenophobic,Homophobic bunch.

Basil. Manuel! Manuel!...oh! where is he,useless...he's from Barcelona you know.

Enter Polly.

Basil. Ah! Polly,where's Manuel...

Polly. Oh,he has gone to harass a UKIP meeting so he can shout Racist,undemocratic swines ,politics of fear...at them,joining the rent a mob Unite Union.

Basil. Seems that is unreal,the mob shouting about politics of fear when they are spreading the politics of fear!

Sybil. What's going on Basil ?

Basil. Nothing,nothing my dear,just getting Mr Nibble his breakfast.

Mr Nibble. Make sure it's bacon from the EU ,don't want any of that Ukrainian muck!

Basil. Yes! Eggs Mr Nibble...oh no,I see you have had your eggs,there's plenty over your face already.

Mr Nibble scans paper for any propaganda he can find about the nasty Tories.:ohmy:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Mr Nibble...Well,not really I have been worrying about the election results... but I will need breakfast.

Basil. No Mr Nibble you can't sit there,that's Lord Melbeys table...Ha,Damn fine fellow ...aristocracy you know,the fellow is a brick.

Yes,(grabbing his copy of the Guardian) what is that view outside that window anyway ?

Mr Nibble. Well I don't like it...it's full of white heterosexual middle class males.

Basil. Oh! What would you like to see,EU parliament,Brussels maybe...or the one Strasbourg perhaps...or all the immigrants at Calais queuing up to get into Britain maybe...

(Nibble sips coffee) Yikes,what's that? (spitting out a mouthful of coffee over the table)

Mr Nibble. Well I don't like it,it's not European,you should buy from the EU our main trading partners.

Basil. There is the rest of the world we can trade with sir,after all,we import more from the EU than we export from the EU and there is a booming trade to be had with South America,India,China,Japan.

Mr Nibble...WHAT! ..Don't mention U Kippers to me,they stitched us up like a bunch of them. Evil,Racist,Xenophobic,Homophobic bunch.

Basil. Manuel! Manuel!...oh! where is he,useless...he's from Barcelona you know.

Enter Polly.

Polly. Oh,he has gone to harass a UKIP meeting so he can shout Racist,undemocratic swines ,politics of fear...at them,joining the rent a mob Unite Union.

Basil. Seems that is unreal,the mob shouting about politics of fear when they are spreading the politics of fear!

Mr Nibble. Make sure it's bacon from the EU ,don't want any of that Ukrainian muck!

Basil. Yes! Eggs Mr Nibble...oh no,I see you have had your eggs,there's plenty over your face already.

Mr Nibble scans paper for any propaganda he can find about the nasty Tories.:ohmy:

That is quite a lot of effort to go to for something that has turned out rather shit.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Enter Polly.

Excellent job.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
FYI, I'm not particularly left leaning and I very rarely the Guardian as I have no interest in looking at how Flip & Dotty have refurbished their genuine Saxon barn in Rustington or reading how a date went for two bents from Shoreditch. These are the sort of people who eat Moules and discuss decking. No thanks. I'm also rather undecided about the EU. But don't let the facts get in the way of your yawn inducing assumptions eh!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Agreed, WTF is he on about?

I think he was trying to highlight his desire to live in an exclusively white, heterosexual, male environment. It was hard to tell as he had set up two protagonists. When writing or reading a script your entry level task is to identify a definite protagonist then ask three questions of him/her: What do they want? How are they going to try to get it? What happens if they don't get it. His script has two protagonists vying for scene time, both with competing agenda's. That's why it's quite a mess and hard to understand.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I think he was trying to highlight his desire to live in an exclusively white, heterosexual, male environment. It was hard to tell as he had set up two protagonists. When writing or reading a script your entry level task is to identify a definite protagonist then ask three questions of him/her: What do they want? How are they going to try to get it? What happens if they don't get it. His script has two protagonists vying for scene time, both with competing agenda's. That's why it's quite a mess and hard to understand.
Nibs,you wouldn't understand if it was written in six foot high letters,the plot explained in detail. It's the agenda you don't like as it shows you in unfavourable light...don't dish it out if you can't take it....just concetrate on calling UKIP ,Racist and others names...you certainly made people vote for them...well done:whistle:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
You're quite a nasty piece of work. And rather dull to boot.

That's a bit harsh...but there again you are quite good at insulting people who have a different opinion from you...ever been in of the opinion that other people don't take your view but would rather enter a discussion than silly name calling...very childish son....Nary! Nary! Boo!...get you playtime (There,said it for you)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports