Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Reasonable punishment for the "Legacy Six" ?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The proposed contract was 177 pages long, this wasn’t something that was dreamed up overnight. They have planned this, and lied about it to everyone.
They signed this contract, they knew exactly what they were doing. Perhaps less of a punishment for City and Chelsea cos they bottled it first, but, there had to be consequences.

NO ...NO....NO.....all of the Greedy Six are equally culpable. THEY ALL SIGNED ON THE DOTTED LINE FOR THIS. Pulling out of this quickly earns no brownie points whatsoever. All the representatives of the clubs involved are guilty as charged and no single fan of any of those clubs should sleep peacefully until each and every one of these regimes has changed. That includes Abramovich, the City Arabs, Levy, Kroenke, Henry and the Glazers. None of those can ever talk to the other 14 PL owners, ever again. They have sat round the same table as the other 14 and lied and deceived, for some considerable time. TV last night, showing Bruce Buck on the phone at Stamford Bridge, smiling, was sickening. Get rid....NOW.
The non-greedy have to be united and stand firm against this scum. Refuse to deal with them. Pass their own proposals. Do not attend matches against these six clubs. They have been exposed. They have been flushed out. Their true colours have been shown. They have to be chased out of this country, like rats down a street. I don't care what the likes of Abramovich have done in the past. It doesn't count anymore. Chelsea fans cannot move forward with him and Buck in charge.
This is our chance. The fans chance. They have demonstrated that they don't care about us, so we now need to demonstrate that we are coming after them. No fines. Two seasons out of Europe is a solid start. Minus 12 points each in the 21/22 PL season. 12-24 month transfer embargo.
Lets be honest...Chelsea and City acted last night because they had already had the heads up that they were being replaced in this season's CL Semi's. Same with Arsenal and United in the Europa League. UEFA meant business. No managers or fans are to blame. They were equally kept in the dark. How can Klopp, Guardiola, Ole, Arteta and Tuchel move forward and have absolute confidence in their bosses? Mourinho found out, didn't like and was sacked. Thats how committed Levy was to this. He was prepared to sack his manager 5 days before a Cup Final.
The game is nothing without fans, players and managers and these few, wealthy, arrogant and greedy owners thought they could do this without any consultation. Well, they are finished now and good riddance to them.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Just heard Paul Barber being probed by Gary Richardson on Radio 4, he didn't want to get drawn on this. Does seem the other 14 are proper pissed about what went on with the big 6

Let's not forget that the other 14 have already listened to the Big 6's arguments about getting a bigger slice of the pie, for the pulling power thay provide to the league.
They now get a bigger share of international broadcasting rights. from PL games.

****ing the rest of the league over having already been given this extra revenue, whilst the rest of the pyramid deal with the lost revenue from covid, really is a ****ish move.

No reason the 14 should forgive this level of treachery.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
Those responsible at the clubs involved should have the skin flailed from their back and be cast into the pit of Hades.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If FIFA,Uefa,the EPL do nothing, maybe the government can. You can be fined for wasting police time, maybe they can be fined for wasting the PMs time, who I'm sure had some other, more important things that he could have been doing since Sunday?

In that case Jennifer Accuri's bank balance is in for a hit

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Most immediate impact won’t necessarily be ‘punishment’ but should be removal of a number of execs from the top 6 clubs from governing bodies within the FA and PL. Would love to see the ‘other 14’ take total control, at least for a time, by ousting all representatives from the big 6 from governance of the bodies (including things like negotiating TV deals etc). Immediately removes their influence on all key decisions. This is going to happen anyway in some cases as people like Woodward step down but make it more comprehensive. In practice, even if they stay I imagine there will be a much, much stronger resolve for the other 14 to stick together in future - there will be some positive benefits coming out of this mess.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
So few people from these clubs involved with the process. Pointless banning them from competitions which would punish supporters. I cant see these owners turning up at games without getting huge stick.
Hopefully many will now get out and new rules made about ownerships of clubs Must say what a great credit to German league including Bayan Munich for not getting involved

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Should the Premier league give them an increased slice of the Premier cash to keep them on board and help fund their massive losses? Assuming this will be their next request. :moo:

They've already had it.They get a larger share of international broadcasting rights this season, following the recent negotiations.

This super league is nothing but a power play to get extra revenue from the CL broadcasting rights.
They just thought the PL wouldn't kick up a stink because it wasn't impacting the other 14's broadcast revenue.

Arrogant and despicable.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Nah, you can't punish the fans. How about a modest fine of £10m each? That's £60m, all to be distributed to grass roots projects, or maybe even to help out teams struggling financially in the lower leagues. Just a thought.

They've already had it.They get a larger share of international broadcasting rights this season, following the recent negotiations.

This super league is nothing but a power play to get extra revenue from the CL broadcasting rights.
They just thought the PL wouldn't kick up a stink because it wasn't impacting the other 14's broadcast revenue.

Arrogant and despicable.

Already having a bigger slice has never stopped them wanting even more.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Should the Premier league give them an increased slice of the Premier cash to keep them on board and help fund their massive losses? Assuming this will be their next request. :moo:

I think that’s the minimum we owe the top six. Non-relegation clauses and a minimum of 10% of the profits each will hopefully keep them happy.

Like yourself, I just don’t know how football would work without these legendary clubs, we must keep them happy above all else.

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
I think a Champions League ban for a couple of seasons would be appropriate and universally supported.

Agreed, it'll hurt them financially and Man Utd would have this "good" season and have nothing to show for it.

I think I hate that club more than I do Pala*e.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Feeling a bit lazy today(today!) and haven’t read the whole thread.

However, I think getting any punishment to stick would be difficult and a a gift to the legal profession.

It should be a time to tighten rules and regs about such things so that this money grabbing nonsense does not happen again and again down the line.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Feeling a bit lazy today(today!) and haven’t read the whole thread.

However, I think getting any punishment to stick would be difficult and a a gift to the legal profession.

It should be a time to tighten rules and regs about such things so that this money grabbing nonsense does not happen again and again down the line.

Yep, lawyers would enrich themselves further.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Had they signed the contract, or were they about to? I’ll have to speak to my daughter, who happens to be a lawyer, about what repercussions there would (might) be for those involved. This could all be very messy and unpleasant for those clubs, and I will watch on with glee.

I predict this will be no more messy than a Government inquiry. No doubt the wrongdoers will get a “don’t do it again” message, probably a fine and a slap on the wrist. There will be no European bans, no transfer embargo nothing, nada.

Possibly some involved may even end up with honours, as is often the case!

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
The proposed contract was 177 pages long, this wasn’t something that was dreamed up overnight. They have planned this, and lied about it to everyone.
They signed this contract, they knew exactly what they were doing. Perhaps less of a punishment for City and Chelsea cos they bottled it first, but, there had to be consequences.

In the same way that just because you've admitted murdering someone and thrown the others under the bus it doesn't mean you should get away with it.

I may have misheard but apparently there are financial penalties for pulling out of the ESL, payable to whom I don't know.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I predict this will be no more messy than a Government inquiry. No doubt the wrongdoers will get a “don’t do it again” message, probably a fine and a slap on the wrist. There will be no European bans, no transfer embargo nothing, nada.

Possibly some involved may even end up with honours, as is often the case!

And I don't think there should be.
That would just entrench their position that they need to get the super league off the ground to recoup their losses.

The EPL need to ensure the rules are strengthened so this can't happen again, without consultation with the other 14 clubs.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Relegation. Two divisions .
Simple !
TNBA
TTF

Swindon Town got promoted to the premier league under Lou Macari, but were relegated two divisions for 'illegal payments' (later rescinded to relegation to the championship). I think that the shitty six have done far worse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here