Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Really? 90 million quid?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I wonder how the Man.Utd board will feel if all goes t*ts up by the end of the season - a collective failure by the manager, the team, and their most expensive player?

They've had a fair amount of experience of that in recent years

Sent from Konnie Huq's lingerie drawer.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
All those BMWs given to Leicester City players sums it up for me. The Premier League has lost touch with the real world and the younger players especially have no grasp of real life

There was that Chelsea player a few seasons ago, he was in the youth team and on 20k a week, he wouldn't go anywhere due to this huge noose around his neck. I can't even remember his name, not sure he ever made it big time.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Man Utd have sold something near £100m of Zlatan Ibrahimović shirts, small change for them.

Adidas receive the money from shirt sales, that's why they paid such an enormous amount of money to sponsor them.

Likewise adidas have been rinsing this pogba transfer because he is sponsored by them and they are trying to recoup some of the hundreds of millions they gave united in sponsorship.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If Brighton ever got to the point of paying insane money I'd probably disown them.

Edit: Not that they'd care.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Even by your standard of bollocks, that's bollocks.

Sent from Konnie Huq's lingerie drawer.

Don't even the top clubs make something like a few million quid maximum out of shirt sales? Can't remember where I read that. Might be Swiss Ramble or something?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Don't even the top clubs make something like a few million quid maximum out of shirt sales? Can't remember where I read that. Might be Swiss Ramble or something?

Was talking about this on Saturday with my armchair sitting Man U 'fan'. Beckham was worth more for his sellability than he was for his ability. Beckham was average at his best but he was a multi million pound industry. I just can't see Pogba in that class.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
1: €105 is the amount charged for the 'match ready' shirt, there's a cheaper one at €80.
2: If you think that all the shirts sold have Ibrahimovic 9 on the back you're a loon.
3: United don't keep the cash, most of it goes to Adidas, who paid £750 for a 10 year deal two years ago.

£750 seems like very good business for Adidas.

Oct 25, 2003
i feel like transfer fees are arbitrary at the top level now...it's just a random lump of money that one billionaire owner gives to another. It doesn't mean anything to them and isn't a really reflection on the players 'value' apart from what one billionaire thinks the player will be worth to their 'brand'

in other news john stones is going to man city for just under £50m....I mean, come on

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
For half the price, Man U could have had Manu.

Not that we'd ever sell to our feeder club though.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
no mention that fergie let him slip through his fingers ...............send him the bill:lolol:

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
If all the money spent on transfers over the past 10 years was instead spent on medical research they'd be a lot more people alive today - that's the kind of world we live in and the priorities we have to witness.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
i feel like transfer fees are arbitrary at the top level now...it's just a random lump of money that one billionaire owner gives to another. It doesn't mean anything to them and isn't a really reflection on the players 'value' apart from what one billionaire thinks the player will be worth to their 'brand'

in other news john stones is going to man city for just under £50m....I mean, come on

Barnsley get £10m of it !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
1: €105 is the amount charged for the 'match ready' shirt, there's a cheaper one at €80.
2: If you think that all the shirts sold have Ibrahimovic 9 on the back you're a loon.
3: United don't keep the cash, most of it goes to Adidas, who paid £750 for a 10 year deal two years ago.

Jeez calm down I only read the article not write it.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
If all the money spent on transfers over the past 10 years was instead spent on medical research they'd be a lot more people alive today - that's the kind of world we live in and the priorities we have to witness.

I never get this argument. Money doesn't just exist in a vacuum, waiting for someone to suck it up. The clubs either had this money, or could assume the level of debt required to make the funds available. Why would football clubs want to fund medical research?

Of course you could make the argument that the money came from TV rights deals, but then why would broadcasters want to fund medical research? Yes, it'd be a good thing to do (obviously), but it's not exactly what people are paying their subscriptions to Sky for is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here