Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistic signings in January

I'm closely watching the Scottish lower leagues because when Ross County or Annan Athletic let one of their strikers go as he hasn't scored since that brace against Third Lanark in 1967, I'll suggest we sign him and WHEN we do I shall forever be known on here as "I to the T to the K" and my life will be complete.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Apologies for not going all through this thread but has that young Charlton midfielder been mentioned? He played a blinder against us at the Amex last season and then he was their best player against us at the Valley.

He has already gone to a Championship club I think, QPR maybe? Assuming we are talking about the same player. Has attitude apparently
Jordan Cousins.
The one that is close to agreeing personal terms with Everton for 11 million you mean?
Lookman.

Which is it ? ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agreed.

But we tried hard in the Summer before Everton doubled the loan fee required.
At least I know the one and only piece of ITK intel, I had, has now passed beyond the statute of limitations.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You won't agree with this but Leo the lion is who you need. Sadly Leicester probably need him more right now.

Wouldn't be overly disappointed with Leo until the end of the season......i think the two players i mentioned are good indicators of the standard of player required to get us over the line.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
This time last year, we were looking to buy Miler Bolanos and Calleri.

Since Bolanos joined Gremio instead of us, he has played 17 times scoring just 3 goals (only one in the league)

Calleri signed for Deportivo Maldonado who loaned him out to São Paulo straight away and he scored 16 times in 31 games, but last summer he joined West Ham on a season long loan where he has played a total of 9 games scoring in just 0 games.

Whoever we're going to get linked with, by our recent transfer speculations, he's bound to be useless.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
This time last year, we were looking to buy Miler Bolanos and Calleri.

Since Bolanos joined Gremio instead of us, he has played 17 times scoring just 3 goals (only one in the league)

Calleri signed for Deportivo Maldonado who loaned him out to São Paulo straight away and he scored 16 times in 31 games, but last summer he joined West Ham on a season long loan where he has played a total of 9 games scoring in just 0 games.

Whoever we're going to get linked with, by our recent transfer speculations, he's bound to be useless.
Yeah, bet they'd both be awful in our league.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Only a few hours until the window CREAKS open.

Albion just need to bring in an upgrade to Elvis and to ship him out.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Elvis already GONE for the season.

A replacement surely to be announced within days ? ???

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Elvis already GONE for the season.

A replacement surely to be announced within days ? ???

Been saying it will be announced on NYD for a while, and this only confirms my view. Although, that said, given it's a Sunday tomorrow, we might have to wait for a match-day boost signing, or they might even drag their heels until Tuesday.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If signed just after midnight tonight would the player be eligible for the game at Fulham that is assuming the FL office has somebody working tomorrow on e mails or faxes.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If signed just after midnight tonight would the player be eligible for the game at Fulham that is assuming the FL office has somebody working tomorrow on e mails or faxes.
Probably possible unless complicated by international clearance ( especially from Wales ).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here