Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] REALISTIC signings for next season?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
So whats our shopping list now? Just a striker and left back? Ostigard to step in for White. Veltman and Alzate to cover for injured Lamptey. I was hoping we'd bring in a winger having seen Izzy, AJ, and now possibly Tau leave.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So whats our shopping list now? Just a striker and left back? Ostigard to step in for White. Veltman and Alzate to cover for injured Lamptey. I was hoping we'd bring in a winger having seen Izzy, AJ, and now possibly Tau leave.

We don’t really play with wingers but in terms of the skill set required, it’s going to be Mitoma I think but he’ll now be available for a season or so whilst he loaned to USG to qualify for his work permit. In the meantime, Khadra could be the new boy who gets a chance.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
We don’t really play with wingers but in terms of the skill set required, it’s going to be Mitoma I think but he’ll now be available for a season or so whilst he loaned to USG to qualify for his work permit. In the meantime, Khadra could be the new boy who gets a chance.

Traditional wingers no, but someone who is a step up on what we have in terms of creating & scoring from midfield. Periera would have been ideal. At times (or a lot of the time) our final ball is woeful, so improving in that area is a must. Looking forward to seeing more of Khadra but he's young & therefor will likely be inconsistent.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Cucurella, Mitoma, Striker, centre back cover and Dan James on loan would be ideal but doubt they'd all happen.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Cucurella, Mitoma, Striker, centre back cover and Dan James on loan would be ideal but doubt they'd all happen.

Striker is priority. Cucurella looks a smart signing, and an improvement on what we have. Given we currently have Dunk, Webster, Ostigard, Veltman, Burn, and Duffy who can all play centre back im not so fussed about wasting transfer budget there. Some sort of winger/attacking mid would definitely help us though. This will be a development season for Khadra so we cant rely on him, and beyond that we feel a bit short of pacy attacking players who can put a decent cross in. With little pace in our midfield I fear we'll become too easy to defend against. We need a pre-injury Izquierdo type. Dont even mind if its a loan while players like Khadra/Richards/Mitoma develop.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Fabio Carvalho has just set up and scored a goal in the first ten minutes for Fulham at Millwall. Scored at the back end of the Prem season and had already scored this season. 18.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This. Welbeck will stay with us. Considering he was released by Watford we've done a fantastic job with his fitness and I assume both parties will want another season out of it.

I can't see us signing a "name" striker either. One day people on here might come round to the realisation that our current attacking options are what we'll be using for a while. We have two established strikers in Maupay and Welbeck who are good Premier League players and key to the way we create chances. We have a very good looking up and coming player in Zeqiri and have been nursing Andone back into the fold.

Connolly and/or Tau maybe loaned out if Andone is part of our plans but I don't see an incomer.

Well, one thing the window has proved is that even when you are right you are also a little bit wrong. Genuinely did not see Zeqiri going and Connolly staying. The rest should have perhaps been obvious to seasoned Brighton watchers. Although.............

Luckily you are not in charge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

....ouch

:wrong: :lolol: :tantrum:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Well, one thing the window has proved is that even when you are right you are also a little bit wrong. Genuinely did not see Zeqiri going and Connolly staying. The rest should have perhaps been obvious to seasoned Brighton watchers. Although.............

....ouch

:wrong: :lolol: :tantrum:

Yes, our leaders have once again left us short upfront. Mad as hatters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here