Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich [Merged]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
For some reason the BBC football page is either out of date,unfathomable or a combination of the both moving at glacial speed.This is really sad, the BBC homepage used to be the go-to site for almost everything. They should never have moved north of Watford

86: Robben feeds Gomez and the striker tries to turn on his left-foot to get the shot away. There are calls for a penalty but the chance is gone... for a moment. Alaba puts Robben in again seconds later and he squares for Gomez to slot home... but the striker delays and is closed down. Huge chance to finish the tie. (Sporting Life)

85:29 Mario Gomez takes a shot. Blocked by Garcia Sergio Ramos (BBC)

Gomez mucks it up again. (Perseus)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This team of cheats and/or thugs would cause controvery:

Diouf Drogba Ronaldo
A.Young Busquets Di Maria Deco
Marcelo Pepe Carvalhlo
Lehmann

Many of these have played for Mourinho. Coincidence?

it's true that none of them seem to have a grass allergy

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009
Pro Madrid ref, everytime a Madrid player is breathed upon. If the final is Chelsea vs Madrid it would be two teams who from their semi final perfomances over both legs didn't deserve to be in the final.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I have to say, even with all their suspensions, I don't think Chelsea have too much to fear, both these teams are beatable. I think Real would be preferred as it makes the final on neutral ground. If Chelsea did win it, would it just be the luck of the Geordies to make 4th place but not qualify for the CL.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The team that retains possession is my favourite to win. Real will try to keep the ball second half a bit more (if they can?).

As expected by everyone. Both teams closed up. Real kept giving the ball away though. Their back four stayed rigidly in their zone with two holding midfielders. Robben could not thread a ball through. Real did not mount a threat at all.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Defences on top

Thomas Müller comes on. Ribery must be tired. Football is not flowing. Like the Albion on a bad day.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pro Madrid ref, everytime a Madrid player is breathed upon. If the final is Chelsea vs Madrid it would be two teams who from their semi final perfomances over both legs didn't deserve to be in the final.

Shame. Ref must have bottled it now.
In the first half he didn't fall for the 75,000 Madrid fans lying with Di Maria's cheating, or the eye-gouger-Mourinho's pressure.

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009
Shame. Ref must have bottled it now.
In the first half he didn't fall for the 75,000 Madrid fans lying with Di Maria's cheating, or the eye-gouger-Mourinho's pressure.

Yeah he had a decent first half but now he's crumbling, do away goals count in extra time also?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Bob Marley never hit the grass more often than Pepe

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It needs a special type of player to win this now .... I hope so. I can't think who. Lahm cross to Gomez ???

D

Deleted member 18477

badstuber, alaba and gustavo would miss the final.

the yellow card rule really is stupid. we'd all rather see 2 full strength teams going at in!

chelsea have 4 players out as well. 3 for getting too many yellows.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports