Reading vs Brighton And Hove Albion ****Official Match Thread****

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Next couple of games will indicate whether we are good enough to mount a serious challenge this time. Currently I'm not convinced, but we'll see.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm sure I read that Conway won't be available until the Bolton game?

It all depends on the International clearance from the Welsh FA going through , with the loan announcement being made at 3pm on Thursday afternoon there should have been someone returning to the office after a 2 hour lunch break to send the faxes out.

Feb 14, 2010
I went to the old Elm Park. Crowd 7000, Brighton away support about 3500, we lost 3 or 4 nil. Reading are a little bogey team for us, we never seem to beat them.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We haven't beaten Reading since that super night with a cunning Zamora/Brooker free kick and a Kitson special.

We've lost the last six on the trot against them. Scoring 3 and conceding 15.

Feb 14, 2010
Was that the occasion when they kept us locked in a corner of the ground and somebody threw a firework under a police horse causing it to rear up.

I dont tink so. It was late 80s, maybe early 90's but very low key. One of those all too often away days at that when the fans turned up but the players couldn't be bothered. Dreadful performance

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
2-1 to the Albion
confidence lads from them and US

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Ahh another that works in that dreadfull place. I will make peoples life a misery if we lose

The worst bit is I live here as well!

Took my son to the park earlier in his colours, and the banter already started! They aren't the cleverer bunch though as they kept saying I was in the wrong colours .....

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
We haven't beaten Reading since that super night with a cunning Zamora/Brooker free kick and a Kitson special.

We've lost the last six on the trot against them. Scoring 3 and conceding 15.

Terrible record. We (Ashley Barnes especially) owe them some payback for that ridiculous defeat first season at the Amex.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I went to the old Elm Park. Crowd 7000, Brighton away support about 3500, we lost 3 or 4 nil. Reading are a little bogey team for us, we never seem to beat them.

Late 80s we got battered 4-0 but there was bad trouble. Albion fans in home seats and attacking police horses. Went with a ManU mate of mine who said he'd never seen such bad violence.

PG

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
My lads and I still have the grim memories of the 5-1 thrashing in our system, with the only consolation being the CKR screamer that day.

Sing up those who go, come on you mighty Seagulls, but we'll be watching at home, cramped behind the sofa like we used to be as kids, when the Dr Who yettie appeared on the tellybox.

wedgee

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports