Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading support

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Number-wise - very good, not bad bringing 2,300 down on a Tuesday night.

Sound wise - when they sung they were loud, other than that they were quiet, but then so were we for a lot of the second half.

Jimmy Grimble

Vocally shit considering their numbers and league position.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I didn't even know they were there until the Full Time whistle.

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
well apart from the lucky deflected goal what did they have to shout about? not a lot very poor side me reckons wont last long in the premier league with what i saw last nite i expected a full crowd from them only an hour and a quarter by car to reading they pushing for the title new ground to visit no surprise they filled the away end

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
They were loud when they sung because there was no wind. That completely changed the atmosphere last night.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Reading fans are notoriously quiet. There aren't many grounds around with a worse atmosphere than the Madjeski.

I sit in WSL towards the South end and they were poor compared to others who have visited with similar numbers. Poorly supported considering their league position and they were ahead for most of the game. I also thought the same about them at the Madjeski.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
It's so weird how there are always such different opinions about away fans.

I thought they were pretty good to be fair. Loud and sung throughout the game :shrug:

D

Deleted member 18477

It's so weird how there are always such different opinions about away fans.

I thought they were pretty good to be fair. Loud and sung throughout the game :shrug:

They were shit. And compared to dirty Leeds they were dire!

Sisyphus

Mar 21, 2012
Alas, fatally sober last night...and it is difficult to sing when you are biting your nails!

Smash and Grab.

Scratch team- thanks to Dirty Leeds we were missing 3 or 4 of our major players... you could almost imagine the ref last night was trying to make up to us for the shocking non-action last Friday.

We were very very lucky.

Vicente would look lovely in hoops.

Now you should re-group, know you were unlucky, and go to the Boleyn at the weekend and know that you can and should get all 3 pts. Late push for the play-offs...believe!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Alas, fatally sober last night...and it is difficult to sing when you are biting your nails!

Smash and Grab.

Scratch team- thanks to Dirty Leeds we were missing 3 or 4 of our major players... you could almost imagine the ref last night was trying to make up to us for the shocking non-action last Friday.

We were very very lucky.

Vicente would look lovely in hoops.

Now you should re-group, know you were unlucky, and go to the Boleyn at the weekend and know that you can and should get all 3 pts. Late push for the play-offs...believe!

It's bad enough for Reading to mug us but then to have a Reading fan patronise you that just about takes the biscuit. FO back to your own forum. Thanks.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I thought their support was OK. Perhaps a little quiet but not "pin-drop" quiet. They sold out (just under 2,400) but I'd expect that - new ground, and 4 games from promotion to the Premiership.

As for the patronising Reading fan, we'll put in our usual away performance at West Ham. Timid and underwhelming - but we might nick a point. No good to us really, but you'd love a draw. It's a shame that West Ham are so far behind - if it was closer between you, I'd be happy for us to roll over and get battered by them as pay back for your shithouse "on the beach" display at Stoke when we needed you to beat them for us to have a chance of staying up a few years back.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Working and living in Reading, I know about their fans and this is not a dig at them, just my obviations. In my office of about 100ish employees, I know 1 true Reading fan, always supported them and been with them through all the ups and downs. Other Reading fans I know who support them as their second club because supporting their London club has become too expensive. It’s telling that I know more Spurs fans (they go to games, not armchair) in our office then Reading fans.

I gave a lift back to a Reading/Arsenal supporter yesterday and I was talking about the difference in atmosphere between Reading’s Stadium and the Amex. He said that it was because the Amex was filled with true Brighton fans. He watches Reading because the season ticket is the same price as going to three games at the Emirates and it’s local. The few true Reading fans I know are good football supporting fans, and are not arrogant. I hope they go up as it would mean Southampton or West Ham have the lottery of the play offs, which I think Blackpool will win.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
well apart from the lucky deflected goal what did they have to shout about? not a lot very poor side me reckons wont last long in the premier league with what i saw last nite i expected a full crowd from them only an hour and a quarter by car to reading they pushing for the title new ground to visit no surprise they filled the away end

1hr and quarter by car to reading...hmm...must get a faster car

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here