Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading (H) moved to Friday night now moved to TUESDAY 15TH MARCH

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I thought it had already been stated that this game wouldn't be moved again .
Didn't we play Friday, Monday , Thursday in the first season at the amex? So surely there's no reason Reading can't play Friday and Monday

*just checked it was Wednesday, Friday, Tuesday

Last edited:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Didn't we play Friday, Monday , Thursday in the first season at the amex? So surely there's no reason Reading can't play Friday and Monday

It was Leeds they said wouldn't be moved.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Reluctantly, I disagree. Unfortunately there is a market for the Premier League football, here and overseas and whilst that continues the TV companies will pull the strings. Fans are guilty to a certain extent. Firstly, as customers of the TV companies. Sky have had Sunday and Monday football for years so premier league fans know the score and so do the fans of the big clubs. The fact that most premier league grounds are pretty full every week regardless of when the matches are played suggests that there are plenty of people that will go.

Our problem is that it is only in the last few years that BHA have started to appear on live tv, even more so this year due to our success. So it is all quite new to us. Personally, I don't mind a few games being switched, whether it be to 12:30 or 5:30 kick off on a Saturday or even to Friday nights. I'm fortunate because I can make those games but I appreciate others can't. So I don't quite feel the affinity to a 3pm kick off that others do. As it happens, I've always preferred evening kick offs as I think there is normally a much better atmosphere.

Another problem the clubs have is that they have to maximize income in order to compete and progress. You only have to look at forums in the close season and January to see what sort of players fans expect their clubs to invest in and the disappointment when they don't.

I think it is hypocritical of fans to demand investment on players on the one hand and then moan when the source of a chunk of revenue dictates when games are played.

As for Leeds, isn't it more Cellino that is making noises about the TV deal. Not because of the changes to kick off times but because he thinks that they, like in some other countries, can negotiate their own deal which would still involve moving kick offs from 3pm as the leagues don't allow live football broadcast in this country at that time.

Would I prefer to watch football on a Saturday at 3pm, probably yes. However, compared to the 70s/80s facilities are certainly much better and the game itself is probably better including the pitches that the match is played on, which helps (and which costs money). Playing on a quagmire wasn't uncommon and didn't really make for great games. How often was the Goldstone pitch the sandiest place in Sussex?

I can see your point but personally I am not one of those fans who demands investment or Premiership football, I really enjoy Saturday Championship football and the odd Tuesday game, its a good balance and works. The football experience is 100% better than the 70's and 80's I agree but that has come at a cost to some extent. Look at Cardiff on Saturday, the ground half empty, bored looking fans, no atmosphere (our fans did their best) but because it's on Sky the clubs are quite willing and very happy (you can't blame them) to take the money.......something is wrong there.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

*just checked it was Wednesday, Friday, Tuesday

The club tweeted yesterday that the match will be rescheduled.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
The club tweeted yesterday that the match will be rescheduled.

Ludicrous and not a little insulting to Reading for Sky to have picked our game when it was clear at the time that Reading had a very good shot at still being in cup.

Did club say when rescheduled to ?

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Reading drawn home to Palace in next round. Hopefully our game will stand on the Friday and they can concentrate on beating the scum on the Monday night

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Reading drawn home to Palace in next round. Hopefully our game will stand on the Friday and they can concentrate on beating the scum on the Monday night

As mentioned above, this is what club tweeted yesterday:

"#BHAFC's game v Reading is set to be rearranged after the Royals progressed in the FA Cup today."

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
As mentioned above, this is what club tweeted yesterday:

"#BHAFC's game v Reading is set to be rearranged after the Royals progressed in the FA Cup today."

And here:

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/art...palace-fa-cup-quarter-final-draw-2966448.aspx

The tie is set to take place over the weekend of Friday 11th – Monday 14th March. That means that our away trip to Brighton & Hove Albion (originally scheduled for Friday 11th March) will be rearranged. We will announce the new date for the visit to the Amex in due course.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I'll be missing that then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here