Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Reading Fans Not Happy !

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Chairman removal services required. Anyone got Charlton fans phone number still from our fans Utd day?!!

Good luck Reading, right on my doorstep so could attend a friendly riot. Is the Chinese fella even in this country though? Least we only had to go to Blackburn to get his attention.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If only the football league had a fit and proper ownership test that potential owners like Attila the Hun, Hitler, Putin etc wouldn’t pass?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Hope they get saved, of course. No club should go bust

But haven't they just done a Leeds? Massively overspent to try and get to the PL

The owner has put in over 200 million into the club

What the fans care about over spending if the gamble paid off?
I don't think any one is comaplaing about how much he spent, it's just he didn't have a clue what he was spending on, it didn't work and now it seems he could not careless about the mess he has left behind or what happens to Reading.

Fingers crossed Todd Bohley has the same change of heart and refuses to leave until Chelsea are in League two. I wont be getting any banners printed if that happens though unless I just get1000's of these :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: printed on it.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
If the owner really spent £200 million trying to get promoted whilst gambling on achieving it to pay the debt, then they deserve the fines and any relegation.

And I'm prepared to bet that very few fans objected at the time. That's a huge reminder to our/all fans demanding that owners spend beyond their means or outside the rules (so that includes you Forest, Everton, Man City etc al).

But no fans deserve an asset strpper at their club. We know this better than most. Good luck getting the guy out..

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I don't think any one is comaplaing about how much he spent, it's just he didn't have a clue what he was spending on, it didn't work and now it seems he could not careless about the mess he has left behind or what happens to Reading.

Fingers crossed Todd Bohley has the same change of heart and refuses to leave until Chelsea are in League two. I wont be getting any banners printed if that happens though unless I just get1000's of these :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: printed on it.

He's spent money on a new training ground, highish transfer fees and most importantly insane wages on players.

17/18, 18/19, 19/20 the wage bill to income has been 200% and over, with a peak of 226%

Hopefully Chelsea see the same route 😂

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
He's spent money on a new training ground, highish transfer fees and most importantly insane wages on players.

17/18, 18/19, 19/20 the wage bill to income has been 200% and over, with a peak of 226%

Hopefully Chelsea see the same route 😂
I drive/ride past their new training grond when I go shopping at my local Sainsbury's, it took ages to complete. This is the really odd thing about alll this, he invested in the infrastructure, but got some bozo to do player recruiment, who for what ever reason thought Andy Carrol and Paul Ince would take them to the promise land.

I think it a bit harsh the to blame the fans for the owners spending, of course they were not complaining when it was a happening, I expect at least 50% of the football crowed at any match are blissfully unwear of the dealings of their football club, until it starts to go wrong.

But as you say Chelsea going the same way would be fantastic :lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I drive/ride past their new training grond when I go shopping at my local Sainsbury's, it took ages to complete. This is the really odd thing about alll this, he invested in the infrastructure, but got some bozo to do player recruiment, who for what ever reason thought Andy Carrol and Paul Ince would take them to the promise land.

I think it a bit harsh the to blame the fans for the owners spending, of course they were not complaining when it was a happening, I expect at least 50% of the football crowed at any match are blissfully unwear of the dealings of their football club, until it starts to go wrong.

But as you say Chelsea going the same way would be fantastic :lolol:

Apparently it's an incredible training ground, the academy there is still tier 1 I think? Either way they have churned out a decent number of pros.

I don't think I'm blaming the fans as such, but I think it's fair to point out no one was asking questions about the level of spending or if it's within FFP, nor would they have cared if it had seen them promoted unfairly, just like Leeds if they had won the PL or CL

I think I also took issue with an interview with one of the Sell before we Dai founders, who instead of saying they want a stable owner to come in save the club and regroup, went down the route of saying we want a billionaire to get them back to where they belong in the PL!!!!

That's not exactly learning a lesson is it lol

I just struggle to have sympathy with Bolton/Reading given the background

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Apparently it's an incredible training ground, the academy there is still tier 1 I think? Either way they have churned out a decent number of pros.

I don't think I'm blaming the fans as such, but I think it's fair to point out no one was asking questions about the level of spending or if it's within FFP, nor would they have cared if it had seen them promoted unfairly, just like Leeds if they had won the PL or CL

I think I also took issue with an interview with one of the Sell before we Dai founders, who instead of saying they want a stable owner to come in save the club and regroup, went down the route of saying we want a billionaire to get them back to where they belong in the PL!!!!
Agree that is a bit of an arrogant thing to say.

I think on here, due to our past we are far more likley question the motovations of the owner and that gives us a sense that every fan does the same. My next door neighbour is a Reading season ticket holder, he is obviously not happy with what is happening, but I still know more details about it then he does. He just goes because he wants to watch a game of football, get out the house and spend time with some freinds. He has been going through a really hard time and going to a match really helps.

This is why a football club is vital for a community

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
For the first time, I feel for the entire fanbase.

Us in the 90’s, Wrexham, Coventry, Charlton, Blackpool, probably others … some vile owners who should be no where near a football club.
I heard a head of their main podcast on 606 with Sutton and Savage, he was very well spoken, and clearly passionate about the ownership calamity they now face.

It's Bill Archer mk2. Asset stripping Charlatan who has already destroyed 2 other clubs.

Whatever parlour games or tribal banter that happened between us, this is deadly serious. The 7th oldest English club is standing where we once did through no fault of their fans. Its criminal, we more than anybody know what that's like and as a fan base should be doing all we can, as once upon a time other clubs fans tried to help us.

This is the Reading podcast guy, Ben Thomas from "the Tilehurst end" podcast

Is there anything we as a community can do to help? Does anyone have any connections in Reading or with Ben?

Another fans united is needed me thinks, this is as serious as our plight once was. History is repeating

From 34:55

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I heard a head of their main podcast on 606 with Sutton and Savage, he was very well spoken, and clearly passionate about the ownership calamity they now face.

It's Bill Archer mk2. Asset stripping Charlatan who has already destroyed 2 other clubs.

Whatever parlour games or tribal banter that happened between us, this is deadly serious. The 7th oldest English club is standing where we once did through no fault of their fans. Its criminal, we more than anybody know what that's like and as a fan base should be doing all we can, as once upon a time other clubs fans tried to help us.

This is the Reading podcast guy, Ben Thomas from "the Tilehurst end" podcast

Is there anything we as a community can do to help? Does anyone have any connections in Reading or with Ben?

Another fans united is needed me thinks, this is as serious as our plight once was. History is repeating

From 34:55

I have got a banner made. I am hoping someone will help me that is in a lower part to the stadium that I can pass it to, to display it at the Wolves game. I would do it but WSU does not get much coverage. So please if anyone can help and is willing to meet me before the game that I can pass it to, let me know.

1705423490867.png

I feel if fans from other clubs show they care it might help. It helped us.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
A very fair chance that Tin Pot, l mean Reading, will end up in League Two next season anyway, with or without their current owner!
If only we could get promoted ,my one last football wish could be completed .Away at the odd lot from up the A33 . Dislike them intensely ,but wouldn't want to see them go pop.

JoshBHA_

Apr 5, 2023
I have got a banner made. I am hoping someone will help me that is in a lower part to the stadium that I can pass it to, to display it at the Wolves game. I would do it but WSU does not get much coverage. So please if anyone can help and is willing to meet me before the game that I can pass it to, let me know.

View attachment 172892

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

View attachment 172892

Great work

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I have been wondering how we could help. Do you think it would be possible if I was able to contact their fan group and get a banner or something from them, I could pass it to someone in the north stand to hold it up during one of our televised games? I would hold in up in WSU but I don’t know how affective that would be.
No thanks ,

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

View attachment 172892

More interested in supporting our team , prehaps you could make a banner for us

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

I'm prepared to be corrected here, but it doesn't look a anything like the Evil Archer.
Reading's owner has spent a lot of money trying to get them promoted, and he's failed, has given up on the club and wants as much money back as possible. Not good, but Archer (& co) on the other hand - had no intention of investing in our club, which they bought for £50, they simply started asset stripping from the off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here