Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading efl tickets

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Really? You can pay just £12 for a good seat in E1C at the moment, but you'd rather not go because you can't sit in your own seat??

Well, I've been in the WSL/ESL three times fairly recently. Rugby World Cup, Boro beamback, Lazio friendly. Maybe one more time that my brain has actually blocked out. Each time it's been a pretty lousy 'matchday experience'. Starting with the seating plan. You choose something from the plan that looks like end-of-row and you find it's actually slap bang in the middle of the row. Just can't be doing with doing that 'excuse me excuse me' thing past all those tutting ninnies with rucksacks. You can't 'sit anywhere' as should be the case of such 'low interest games, requires daft levels of organisation/coordination to sit next to your mates. And the catering is invariably lousy. Always a dozen deep, no matter before, during or after the game. I swear that at the Lazio friendly there were some people who must have spent more time queueing at the kiosks than they did watching the game. The queues were still a dozen deep when the second half was about to start. Bolleaux to all that. Tried it, hated it.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Might be my only option if I want to see a penalty shoot out. Parking about £8 at Brighton station but can SASTA actually get me back there or is it a long trudge ?

And there's the train ticket from Brighton to Falmer.

Seems like the albion parking makes sense. Ticket + parking £24. Ouch.

Busses seem to be reliable as of late, i get the bus from and back to Churchill Square

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They don't make it easy with hardly any Seagulls Travel buses running, it's like the club aren't even bothered about getting a crowd tomorrow.

It's a bit difficult all round, I guess.

ST won't want to risk running a wider service and taking a big financial hit if take up is low, and I guess the club don't want to offer to under-write those losses.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No home games or the international break and then too many close together. Are the trains running? Normal trains not special trains?

I might go from Shoreham? Depends of I can face the travelling by train really. Last ditch decision.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
They don't make it easy with hardly any Seagulls Travel buses running, it's like the club aren't even bothered about getting a crowd tomorrow.
Hard to work out exactly from website plan but looks like they are set to be rewarded with ticket sales of around 3-4K...

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
It's a bit difficult all round, I guess.

ST won't want to risk running a wider service and taking a big financial hit if take up is low, and I guess the club don't want to offer to under-write those losses.

It seems by not putting on any travel subsidy on the tickets (looks like £10 return from the Grenadier which is stupid) so Seagull Travel aren't running, the trains are useless and buses take forever there is no way to get to the game tomorrow for many.
It just feels the club thought we'll cut prices and that's that rather than think about filling the AMEX even if people are paying a fiver or something to get in, match ticket and travel for a tenner or something to encourage people rather than the feeling the club gives out of not giving a toss about the game.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
If I lived in Brighton i'd be there in a flash at that price but not worth paying the extra £15 for the train and running the will I won't I get home to London gauntlet. Plus I can't always waltz out of the office to catch my preferred train so would rather save up the 'i'm nipping off early' card for something that actually means a bit more.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
If I lived in Brighton i'd be there in a flash at that price but not worth paying the extra £15 for the train and running the will I won't I get home to London gauntlet. Plus I can't always waltz out of the office to catch my preferred train so would rather save up the 'i'm nipping off early' card for something that actually means a bit more.

I also have to ration my 'if I work my lunch for 2 days can I leave 2 hours early' requests - it's that or take a half day off as holiday, which I try and avoid if poss!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It seems by not putting on any travel subsidy on the tickets (looks like £10 return from the Grenadier which is stupid) so Seagull Travel aren't running, the trains are useless and buses take forever there is no way to get to the game tomorrow for many.
It just feels the club thought we'll cut prices and that's that rather than think about filling the AMEX even if people are paying a fiver or something to get in, match ticket and travel for a tenner or something to encourage people rather than the feeling the club gives out of not giving a toss about the game.

Agreed.

6,895 for the Colchester game. Are we even going to make that for this one?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
£12 for parking.
1 or 2 seagulls travel coaches.
SASTA.
Bus.
Walk.

Not great travel options with a potential penalty shoot out late finish.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia

Agreed, as long as they are making enough to cover staff wages etc i can't see why they wouldn't do tickets for £5?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
The fact that only the East and West were available from day 1 suggests to me that the club had already given up on it being a big crowd. I honestly think that people would be more inclined to go if they could sit in their usual seats, wherever in the ground. £10 tickets, travel arrangements as usual and we'd be looking at a 5 figure attendance I'm sure. I appreciate that it costs to open each side etc though. Just doesn't feel like a game to get into the last 16 of a major cup.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The league cup should be scrapped. I've been saying it for years. It's so devalued.
Clubs like Norwich etc get decent crowds to watch their squad players. Not sure why WE devalue it so obviously. Should have opened the North from the start and sorted out some travel.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Clubs like Norwich etc get decent crowds to watch their squad players. Not sure why WE devalue it so obviously. Should have opened the North from the start and sorted out some travel.

I think we suffer because we are reliant too much on public transport. If you're a club in the middle of a town or city, not only do you have public transport, but you can drive/walk a lot more easily. I come from Kent, if it wasn't for Seagull Travel I'd never get to evening games.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Desperately dissapointing if only 6-8k are bothering to turn up. No doubt if we go through and pull out Man U at home in the next round all those missing out will be desperate to get thier hands on a ticket.
Disagree. I'd say 6-8k is pretty good considering. If you look at the other attendances you'll see that. Also, it's widely known it'll be fringe players playing and nothing like our first 11. I expect any 'official' attendance will include the 2k 1901 fans whether they attend or not btw :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here