Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Reading Away

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Got me and my lad tickets - I was quite excited as it's our first away match but I sense a little negativity about Reading away - things like 'one of the worst days out in the 92. '
Why so grim? Have I picked a bad one?

I wouldn't worry. If we win, you'll love it - guaranteed.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
There seems to be a lot of people on here who seem terrified of the thought of a half hour walk. Have we become a club of lazy buggers.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Tempted to do this. Train via London is the same price as going via Birmingham.

Fulking Seagull

Mar 31, 2013
Fulking
Bought 2 tickets late last night which are in R31, now selling in R32 which is the last section away from the original allocation. Looking like a sell out...should be a good day out.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Bought 2 tickets late last night which are in R31, now selling in R32 which is the last section away from the original allocation. Looking like a sell out...should be a good day out.

I have two tickets which are in R28 must be close to selling out now surely?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

I have two tickets which are in R28 must be close to selling out now surely?

Reading usually sell the back two thirds of the blocks first and then if the demand is there, they sell the lower third.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
This looks like a great day out. Now got to decide how the hell to get there.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Got me and my lad tickets - I was quite excited as it's our first away match but I sense a little negativity about Reading away - things like 'one of the worst days out in the 92. '
Why so grim? Have I picked a bad one?

It's fine, I have been twice and I thought it was a nice stadium, Brighton were playing at Withdean back then :smile:
We took big followings to those games, so the atmosphere in our end was really good.

Not a good stadium if you are catching the train though.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
There seems to be a lot of people on here who seem terrified of the thought of a half hour walk. Have we become a club of lazy buggers.

Have you walked from Reading railway station to the stadium in half hour?
The football fans guide says its a distance of 3 miles, and could take up to an hour to walk.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It's fine, I have been twice and I thought it was a nice stadium, Brighton were playing at Withdean back then :smile:
We took big followings to those games, so the atmosphere in our end was really good.

Not a good stadium if you are catching the train though.

Anything is better than driving or getting a coach.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Just looking at the football survey, didn't realise Reading season tickets only cost £135! ,just over a fiver a game.They should be selling out every week.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Have you walked from Reading railway station to the stadium in half hour?
The football fans guide says its a distance of 3 miles, and could take up to an hour to walk.
It's 45 mins walk,but no facker walks it and why would you?
Yes you can get a £5 return footy bus,but you can also catch a normal bus for around £3 return that drops you by liddles.
Share a taxi for a tenner also :)

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Was it Reading away a couple of seasons ago when the Oscar song first got an airing or have I imagined that? Someone let me know as I have a small wager on it.

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
Just looking at the football survey, didn't realise Reading season tickets only cost £135! ,just over a fiver a game.They should be selling out every week.

Indeed. Opposite end was 1/10th full last season, and that bloke with the drum...well. At least the home hardcore are right next door for a few waves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here