Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading away Tix on sale tomorrow

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
I drove & parked at The Swan when I was over for the 1st game of the season back in 2004.
I agree that it's a good option, but if you're looking to have a beer there afterwards be aware that the pub doesn't re-open after the match has finished.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
If you don't mind a walk there is some residentailal free street parking about a mile from the ground. I have done this, not the nicest looking area but thats Reading all over.

Good shout - a lot around the Gillette building.

Also a Morrisons nearby and I have used them before.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Last year we parked at the Swan pub at 3 mile cross south of J11. Had an nice lunch and then walked for half an hour to the ground. The walk back beats all the traffic queues as well.
Thanks to Easy 10 for coming up with this last season.

Was that the pub carpark where Brighton supporters cars were damaged or broken into some years ago

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If coming by train then come out the town centre/south side of the station, turn right and go down the stairs for the football buses.

Any advice on getting the bus back after the game?

I found getting there easy, but return was a lottery and I ended up missing my train home when I tried it. I've always driven since!

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Any advice on getting the bus back after the game?

I found getting there easy, but return was a lottery and I ended up missing my train home when I tried it. I've always driven since!

Last season was about 45 min wait in bus queue and another 20 mins journey back to station.

theboybilly

I used the Whitley P&R last season and while it was okay going to the ground the return journey wasn't so good. The buses weren't that frequent (I would say I waited half an hour for my bus) and then you are still queuing in traffic for a fair bit of time before the bus heads off to the carpark. All in all it took me an hour to get to the motorway. This season I'll go on my motorbike, it's so much easier. The beer can wait until I'm home in Shoreham

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do not under any circumstances use the car park at the stadium. It can take well over an hour to escape afterwards. There's one on the industrial estate back towards the M4, which is cheaper than the stadium car park, and has an exit for away fans which is closer to the motorway than the original entrance.

I think it's the one listed on here http://www.footballgroundguide.com/...dium-reading.html#adirections-and-car-parking

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
think the bus transport is quite well organised. The trains home after the problem.

For me, it was more a case of not knowing where to get the bus from or even realising that there were several P&R busses going to different locations. It made me realise why away supporters are often totally confused and wander around our bus park looking lost!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here