Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading away last year..

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
That night was possibly the only time during the run in that I genuinely believed we'd get out of it. I was convinced we'd win the game beforehand, a very, very rare state of optimism for me directly before a game.

Knew it was going to be a big turnout in a cracking stadium. Live on telly, a few beers, a cracking performance from team and fans in front of the cameras. Yep, top night.

However, for me the no.1 away experience last season was Forest. Everybody who was there will know what I mean.

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
That was a fantastic night! It's were I (unfortunately) met Seagullible for the first time. He seemed rather amused when I fell through my chair during our second goal. :lolol:

Last edited:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
after that i really thought we had a better chance of staying up!

:(

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Gritt23 said:
That night, I managed to catch the wrong train home, missed my connection and didn't get in until about 2am, having ended up getting a cab (£20) for the last part of the journey.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who got back at 2am.

I managed to miss the last train to Burgess Hill by a gnats and got a later train to Haywards Heath. For some bizarre reason, I walked straight past the waiting taxis and walked all the way home!

Totally fantastic night. As others have said, only eclipsed last year by Forest away (and we lost that one!).

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
2nd most enjoyable game of the season away for me. I did enjoy Forest as already been stated.

Reading was a whole weekend for me. We left Yorkshire at lunchtime and went to friends who live near Reading. He was our best man (and an Owl) and his fiancee is a Reading fan.

Met Bozza and a few others for a drink before the game. Met a couple of Reading fans we knew after the game.

We stayed right through until Sunday afternoon - marvellous times

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Yorkie said:
2nd most enjoyable game of the season away for me. I did enjoy Forest as already been stated.

Reading was a whole weekend for me. We left Yorkshire at lunchtime and went to friends who live near Reading. He was our best man (and an Owl) and his fiancee is a Reading fan.

Met Bozza and a few others for a drink before the game. Met a couple of Reading fans we knew after the game.

We stayed right through until Sunday afternoon - marvellous times

Would that be any of this lot, Yorkie? http://www.rwrf.co.uk

Just intruiged... I found the site by accident the other day and found you on there!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It would, yes, Wilts :lolol:

I've been found out, consorting with Reading fans :lol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bozza said:
Off with her head.

Take a few minutes to read how I wind them up before condemning me :lol:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Well my fav game by a mile was getting to go to selhurst at long last and a strange day all round and the rivalry was great and can't wait for next season.:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
that was a brilliant night first half i was in the front row second half i was at the back, i remeber going mad kitson scored then being very nervous for the last 10 minutes, can't wait to go there again next season :clap2: :clap: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here