Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading: Adkins - SACKED; Clarke - APPOINTED

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think he was totally overrated.

Southampton were the closest thing to a one man team I've seen. Lambert was exceptional for them and no way would they have achieved what they did without him. Remember the game at the Amex when he was sent off? Southampton totally disintegrated without him.

Reading just don't have that quality up front (FFS is no Lambert) and I think Adkins has been found out.
That Southampton side had Lallana as well.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Adkins was Blooms first choice before Poyet and he hasn't been available the last two times we have been looking for a new man!!!!!!!....Just saying.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Adkins was Blooms first choice before Poyet and he hasn't been available the last two times we have been looking for a new man!!!!!!!....Just saying.

Nearly right. Steve Coppell was first choice. Adkins was second. SC apparently turned it down because he didn't like the way Tony Bloom was treating Russell Slade. Adkins just turned it down. Can't imagine he'd want to work for the current shambles even if he was offered it.

Fry pots

Dec 13, 2014
Tony bloom

Nearly right. Steve Coppell was first choice. Adkins was second. SC apparently turned it down because he didn't like the way Tony Bloom was treating Russell Slade. Adkins just turned it down. Can't imagine he'd want to work for the current shambles even if he was offered it.

Tony bloom needs to wake up!!!! The club is on the verge of a crisis and he's in Australia sunning it up! Sack the board

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My favourite Adkins story was just after the Walsall game, Matt Sparrow still had his tel number in his mobile. He rang it from the coach, with the whole Brighton team singing 'We're f.......g brilliant'.
He obviously didn't engender much respect from his ex players.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
My favourite Adkins story was just after the Walsall game, Matt Sparrow still had his tel number in his mobile. He rang it from the coach, with the whole Brighton team singing 'We're f.......g brilliant'.

Superb

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex

:bowdown:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good, nasty little slimeball.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sack a manager, giving a replacement three games to look at his inherited squad of players before the transfer window opens. What a clueless way to run a club.

I know. If only a south coast club could follow suit l. May eben wim a game which they wont with the current manager.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
whats the betting that we were waiting for reading to sack adkins, before we sack Hyypia so that we don't have to pay compensation to Reading...

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
whats the betting that we were waiting for reading to sack adkins, before we sack Hyypia so that we don't have to pay compensation to Reading...
What, like we sacked Poyet so nobody would have to pay us compensation. btw how long have we been waiting for Reading to sack him

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Very possible. And maybe we'll give him a warchest to build a team to save this season, and get promoted next time ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here