Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Re-open the Ask the Falmer team thread!

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
I don't know if this has been raised recently: apologies if it has been - but the Ask the Falmer Project Team thread was a really good idea and there are still lots of questions which we, the fans, want answered. It seems rather childish that the club won't answer questions from fans because of criticism from one or a small number of posters, when 99% of us are sensible and non-offensive. All we want to do is to ask questions about our new home. Don't punish the majority for the actions of a tiny minority. Come back and talk to us - otherwise it will begin to look somewhat small minded!
It may be there's more to it than I know about: but as far as I'm concerned I'd like the club to forgive and forget and re-open the thread.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It seems rather childish that the club won't answer questions from fans because of criticism from one or a small number of posters, when 99% of us are sensible and non-offensive.

This.

Needed swifter moderation, but I guess the mods have real lives to attend to!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I don't know if this has been raised recently: apologies if it has been - but the Ask the Falmer Project Team thread was a really good idea and there are still lots of questions which we, the fans, want answered. It seems rather childish that the club won't answer questions from fans because of criticism from one or a small number of posters, when 99% of us are sensible and non-offensive. All we want to do is to ask questions about our new home. Don't punish the majority for the actions of a tiny minority. Come back and talk to us - otherwise it will begin to look somewhat small minded!
It may be there's more to it than I know about: but as far as I'm concerned I'd like the club to forgive and forget and re-open the thread.

A very sensible suggestion, perhaps you should post this on Ask the Club.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
As we found out the responses were done by the club's safety officer rather than by say natterjack. It seemed a bit wierd as questions about season tickets were apparently often moved from 'Ask the club' to 'Ask the project team', and yet the forum was specifically designed to answer question on the stadium construction itself. ("Wonderful construction project")

I'd like to see natterjack do it and then he can answer all the technical questions ("When's the pitch going in, how hot is the undersoil heating, what's the roof made out of?" etc). Then the questions which have got nothing to do with the physical stadium construction ("When are STs going on sale, will standing be tolerated in the North Stand, who's doing the catering?" etc) can be asked in the 'Ask the Club' forum.

EDIT: Just to say I agree with countygull. The club are looking a bit small-minded over this.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Given that some connected with Falmer said to a mod ' I would not piss on you if you were on fire' because we have refused to operate a censored board, what would you rather have, a free NSC without ATFPT, or a censored one with?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Given that some connected with Falmer said to a mod ' I would not piss on you if you were on fire' because we have refused to operate a censored board, what would you rather have, a free NSC without ATFPT, or a censored one with?
Why does it have to be either/or? If Mr Hebberd doesn't want to do it (I'm not going to go into the rights and wrongs) why can't someone else?

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham

Obviously something pretty nasty happened, but I think my suggestion was `forgive and forget`. I will post my original on Ask the Club as suggested and see if they are any more willing to move forward.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Obviously something pretty nasty happened, but I think my suggestion was `forgive and forget`. I will post my original on Ask the Club as suggested and see if they are any more willing to move forward.

10284200718.jpg

I agree with you BTW-the club (or one person within the club) looks pathetic over this.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Uncensored every time. I didn't know about that, huge credit to the mods for showing some backbone and principle under pressure.

While I never posted anything remotely abusive on there, I was critical of the way in which many very good queries were answered in a glib fashion that often failed to properly address the issue. Often virtually one-word answers.

That seemed pointless, and made the whole thing a waste of time. It seems someone has been very thin-skinned in making everyone suffer for perhaps one or two transgressions. Personally I think they may have used them as an excuse for ditching a time-consuming thing they hadn't fully bought in to.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Uncensored every time. I didn't know about that, huge credit to the mods for showing some backbone and principle under pressure.

While I never posted anything remotely abusive on there, I was critical of the way in which many very good queries were answered in a glib fashion that often failed to properly address the issue. Often virtually one-word answers.

That seemed pointless, and made the whole thing a waste of time. It seems someone has been very thin-skinned in making everyone suffer for perhaps one or two transgressions. Personally I think they may have used them as an excuse for ditching a time-consuming thing they hadn't fully bought in to.

They bought into communicating with the supporters throughout the planning process-did they seriously think we'd not be interested in what is now going on? Their response to requests to move the webcam from its original position should have told us that there was somebody there that isn't fan friendly. Ex-plod, not fan friendly-there's a shock.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Surely part of the person in question's job description is to maintain good relationships with paying customers in what is after all a customer-driven business? Can you imagine a car salesman outright refusing to answer any questions from potential customers on the cars in his showroom?

I think we all know what would happen to one if he did.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is calling them childish (whether it is accurate to do so or not) really the best way to get them to come back?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Personally it is more a reflection on a childish Safety Officer with the customer skills of an Ox.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
what a shame that at a time when the club should be doing everything it can to include fans and to promote its product (and indeed does so sucessfully in most aspects of its work) it so demonstrably discounts a significant element of its fans as beneath consideration because they refuse to always "toe the desired line". I choose my words very carefully here as I believe they precisely describe the attitude of an individual or individuals within the club whose understanding of marketing and the importance of engendering and developing support (that is, paying customers) at a crucial time for the club is minimal. People who may be hidebound by regulation and for whom issueing instruction is easier than entering into debate.

Admittedly this small element of the clubs' fanbase can be occassionally unpleasant and irreverent but for an organisation that relies pretty much entirely on its supporters for income to be so thin skinned is surprising and potentially unhelpful towards achieving its overall objectives. This same small group of fans was disproportionately valuable in supporting the club through the planning processses and the long years of struggle we have all endured. In an age when communication has moved on from occassional and one-sided missives in the press or at supporters' meetings and the internet plays a critical role perhaps an open letter direct to the Chairman is called for?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
just get someone else to answer thje questions....job done!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Is calling them childish (whether it is accurate to do so or not) really the best way to get them to come back?

All the while pc Plod has anything to do with it the forum will remain closed whether we're nice to him or not-I think he was looking for the slightest excuse to end it. That's a personnel change at the club I'd like to see-Plod out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here