Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RE: Lime cordial

barney

Jul 31, 2006
RE: Lime cordial

I believe I read a thread on here a little while ago where several regular users got very excited talking about lime cordial and the benefits of this, as it happens, largely and widely underrated, soft drink.. I would like to add to this.. Allow me to divulge:

As many of you will know all too well, especially those of you residing in brighton, the weather today was nothing short of glorious. Needless to say, on my casual lunch time stroll I worked up somewhat of a sweat. Now, this is not uncommon for someone in my position, but today I decided to do something about it..

As the clock struck 13:30, I walked back into the office like a man on a mission, heck! i was a man on a mission.

Earlier that morning I had been browsing the selections on the drinks vending machine whilst it prepared my number 31 (tea, white, with sugar). It struck me, that I had never, to a large degree, explored the vast array of liquid based treats that it offered.. I made a promise to myself that I would experiment that afternoon. I duly noted, as I sat at my desk, several options that I could utilise to wet my whistle.

Getting back to the point of my tale.. As I walked back to my desk I made a pit stop at said vending machine. I selected lime squash. I took a sip and, by golly, it was breathtakingly refreshing. I proceeded to gulp the first glass and stock up on a second. I sat back at my desk a happy man, with a lime cordial to see me through the afternoon.

If anyone here, who often struggles to find something suitably thirst quenching I can not over state how pleasing this lime cordial was. I am sure many of you have found this utter delight crop up in a favourable manner, and those of you who haven't, shame on you.

Don't be shy, take that risk. Have a lime cordial.

:thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Still the KING of non-alcoholic refreshment, absolutely no question.
I've now been rather taken by the MEXICAN lime variety, which currently retails in Tesco. Its DOUBLE concentrate, so you only need a mere WHIMPER of the stuff to garnish your chilled water.

A feast for the eye, a joy for the palette.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Still the KING of non-alcoholic refreshment, absolutely no question.
I've now been rather taken by the MEXICAN lime variety, which currently retails in Tesco. Its DOUBLE concentrate, so you only need a mere WHIMPER of the stuff to garnish your chilled water.

A feast for the eye, a joy for the palette.

Will take up your recommendation Easy and get some Friday when we go shopping:thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We meaning me and the Wife :lolol:

Unless you go to Holmbush Tesco on a Friday evevning that is???

Holmbush Tesco is indeed my weapon of choice.
However, I refuse to do Friday evenings. After a week at work, the last thing I want to round that off with is a session in that mosh pit of mutants. Friday evening is time for a leisurely couple of pints in the local, followed by a takeaway.

Tesco can wait for Saturday or Sunday morning, depending on my mood.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Holmbush Tesco is indeed my weapon of choice.
However, I refuse to do Friday evenings. After a week at work, the last thing I want to round that off with is a session in that mosh pit of mutants. Friday evening is time for a leisurely couple of pints in the local, followed by a takeaway.

Tesco can wait for Saturday or Sunday morning, depending on my mood.

I prefer to leave work early (bosses perk) and get the shopping out the way so i have the weekend to put my feet up unless we have a home game

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I prefer to leave work early (bosses perk) and get the shopping out the way so i have the weekend to put my feet up unless we have a home game

But if I leave it to the Sunday morning, I can sit in the car with The Times while she dashes round getting the shopping in. Then all I have to do when we get back is help put it all away, peel a few spuds, then I'm back down the pub with the sports supplement for a peaceful hour and a couple of beers before lunch.

Snorted.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
But if I leave it to the Sunday morning, I can sit in the car with The Times while she dashes round getting the shopping in. Then all I have to do when we get back is help put it all away, peel a few spuds, then I'm back down the pub with the sports supplement for a peaceful hour and a couple of beers before lunch.

Snorted.

Fair enough if that works for you but i would hate doing it Sunday as that is the only day of the week i can call my own

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fair enough if that works for you but i would hate doing it Sunday as that is the only day of the week i can call my own

meh. I love my sundays.
An hour of tedious shopping out the way early doors, then its aaaaall good. Specially if its sunny and I have my garden to enjoy. Glorious

:thumbsup:

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Sundays in this household is normally get up have brekkie then out for the day with the littlun. If it rains then we go visit family

Sorted

Sir Sarcy

Hip-Hopopotamus
Jul 10, 2003
The Field
Lime cordial from vending machines does tend to be the best cold drink option available in my limited experiences.

As a side point to the whole Lime debate i would like to raise 2 suggestions...

A few summers ago a friend and i were experimenting...... (teasing pause)...... with lime cordial and found to our surprise that adding it to Guiness makes a delightfull tipple in a similar way that blackcurrant does. We named it Guiness and Green or GAG for short and still is often a drink of choice.

Secondly when browsing Somerfield's alcohol selectiion at the weekend i stumbled across some lager shandy. Now normally i wouldn't bother with this but two things caught my eye. Firstly they were in stubby bottle form and i am a sucker for the drinking at home classic and secondly they were £1.79 for 10 bottles!!!

Now i was apprehensive at first but they are delightfull, small enough to go in the fridge with a nice citrus kick when drunk and at less that 1% vol you can knock back several during a football match and still drive. Find me a box they dont tick!

Now im not saying you have to try either of these nor am i prepared to accept blame should you not warm to them but the options are there so keep an open mind and dive in to summer!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Ever since the 1980's iv'e been a keen Cordial and Milk mixer.

And I have to say the Lime with Milk mix is one of the better mixes one can concoct.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Lime cordial is a MINX & never fails to bring about scenes marvelously refreshing in their nature. Can also be cunningly popped into a pint of ice cool lager piss to devastating effect, of course.. :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here