Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RDZ's Wolves Press Conference

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The only surprise for me there is that March might not be out for the whole season!

I wonder if anyone ITK has any updates on his recovery stage - would love to know.

I’m not ITK but he was pictured in Dubai training with resistance band which would suggest he’s working on getting strength back at the moment. That normally starts around 6-8 weeks after the op (he had his second op late November/early December). He could be slightly further ahead of schedule though as different forms strengthening work is a big part of rehab for a good 2/3 months after the op.

But it’s a really good sign his recovery is going well if the club are not ruling him out for the season, but it would be towards the very tail end I’d expect. Even getting on the pitch in May would show a 7 month recovery from an ACL injury which is on the incredibly quick side for a pro sportsman.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Interesing if De Zerbi saying still wants 2 more players. With players coming back in Feb I cant see Bloom splashing out in PL rady players that are better than we have With new signing available in a few weeks to play anywhere on left maybe only immediate need is a right wide player.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Interesing if De Zerbi saying still wants 2 more players. With players coming back in Feb I cant see Bloom splashing out in PL rady players that are better than we have With new signing available in a few weeks to play anywhere on left maybe only immediate need is a right wide player.
We don’t necessarily need players that are better, but if we want to go deep in the Europa and FA Cups then we need more depth. Remember last season when we were almost running on empty in some games. And that was without the Europa on top.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
We don’t necessarily need players that are better, but if we want to go deep in the Europa and FA Cups then we need more depth. Remember last season when we were almost running on empty in some games. And that was without the Europa on top.
This. Also we are an injury away to Gilmore or Gross from being light in the middle. IMO it’s CM where we need cover right now, the summer is too late, this is due to Baleba not looking ready and Dahood being rather underwhelming.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
De Zerbi is spot on about us needing a couple more players. We do have injuries coming back but we are still light in some positions and who’s to say we won’t have loads more injuries in the second half of the season. I’d like the club to back De Zerbi but can’t see it happening unfortunately.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
This. Also we are an injury away to Gilmore or Gross from being light in the middle. IMO it’s CM where we need cover right now, the summer is too late, this is due to Baleba not looking ready and Dahood being rather underwhelming.
Absolutely agree. Baleba doesn't have the positional sense yet. We can't get through 18 PL games, the FA cup games and Europa games and achieve something magical with Gross and Gilmour IMO for every game. We really need some strength and physicality to help Billy and Gross.

Phillips would work. Pep loves Roberto, we're no threat to City and we can afford it for half a season. This season could be really special and relying on two players performing brilliantly all the time is asking too much.

Dahoud you say? Even if he gets up to speed he doesn't have the physicality in certain games that we need. He's been really poor so far and hasn't helped us but I'm hopeful there's a player in there. He has a lovely touch and balance.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
De Zerbi is spot on about us needing a couple more players. We do have injuries coming back but we are still light in some positions and who’s to say we won’t have loads more injuries in the second half of the season. I’d like the club to back De Zerbi but can’t see it happening unfortunately.
I know the narrative is about our injured players coming back, but
a) there is no guarantee that they come back and don't get a reoccurrence or pick up another injury (which always seems to happen)
Does anyone actually believe Lamptey will be injury free for the rest of the season (or Welbeck or Fati or Lallana or Webster for that matter)?
b) someone else will get injured.

I would say another midfielder (or defender) and a winger would be useful

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here